Author Topic: another feature request... programming start channels  (Read 5103 times)

Offline keitha43

I want to thank Steve for his start channel procedure  with Xlights he provides above. At first I thought I had hardware issues until I found RJ's test firmware in another post (I pmed rrowan because I didn't see it in the wiki). All 3 units worked fine with the test firmware. So it would most likely be a start channel problem. I don't know why rrowan's new start channel program didn't seem to work with my etherdongle. You can't tell from the white flash because mine would always flash whenever I turned the switch on my Aethers to run mode even if I wasn't sending a signal. One thing I didn't notice at first though is that at least with this version of Xlights the test program always starts on universe 8 instead of universe 1. And since the channel numbers start at 1, I didn't realize I was on the wrong "channel 1". Thanks also to dowdybrown for Xlights. I now have 3 working Aethers.  >.d9

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Strange the start channel program is not working for a few people. I had a person beta test it for me since I don't own a Aether

There could be a bug with the program. Has anyone done a log of the output to see a difference?

Sorry for the hijack

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
over the next couple weeks i will building out a few more (...ok, several more ;) ) aethers and I will try the other config tools.
i'll provide feedback at that time.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline keitha43

Strange the start channel program is not working for a few people. I had a person beta test it for me since I don't own a Aether

There could be a bug with the program. Has anyone done a log of the output to see a difference?

Sorry for the hijack

Rick R.
I didn't see a log file. I answered 4096 channels for 1 etherdonge with 1 hub. Should I have chose 16384? The application didn"t give any errors. The start channel just didn't change. I don't use Vixen so I probably didn't do that one right. The Xlights was the easiest once I realized it was on universe 8 instead of 1.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Sorry about that. I met a wireshark log file.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rm357

another feature request... programming start channels
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, »
SSC addresses only range from 1 to 4096. Which pixelnet universe you have selected on the hub determines which block those addresses will respond to.

For pixelnet
Universe 1 - 1 to 4096
Universe 2 - add 4096
Universe 3 - add 8192
Universe 4 - add 12,288
Universe 254 - add 1,036,288 no firmware for that... Yet...

Currently i believe there is firmware available for the etherdongles for pixelnet universes 1-4, 5-8, and 9-12.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline keitha43

SSC addresses only range from 1 to 4096. Which pixelnet universe you have selected on the hub determines which block those addresses will respond to.

For pixelnet
Universe 1 - 1 to 4096
Universe 2 - add 4096
Universe 3 - add 8192
Universe 4 - add 12,288
Universe 254 - add 1,036,288 no firmware for that... Yet...

Currently i believe there is firmware available for the etherdongles for pixelnet universes 1-4, 5-8, and 9-12.

RM
I was refering to the "channels" question rrowan's start channel tool asks during its initial configuration. I was assuming it was needing to know how many smart hubs were being driven by my etherdongle.