Author Topic: And 15 Walgreen stores Later....  (Read 5127 times)

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
Re: And 15 Walgreen stores Later....
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
btw did anyone get the home depot 3pack cord deal this year? Last year i picked them up for 1.24 for a 3pk containing 1x6' 1x9' and 1x15'. This year they won't even budge on the price. still at 5.49.

Ken, as a one-time HD slave, I'd scan the cords next time you're there.  Often the posted price may be out of date!

Oh darn it all... you really scored on those LED's.  If I had thought about it, I'd have imposed on you to pick up a bunch of C6 70's for me :-((

So jealous,
John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline REM

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, »
Same deal here in the Atlanta area. $5.49. Made a special trip just for the cords. Didn't see them in the pile of Christmas specials so went looking. Found them in the usual electrical section. Funny thing is that they clearly have "Holiday" in the name but not marked down.  I asked for a price check and the CSR shrugged it off and said "well it's still a real good price".

Offline memphislights

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, »
Home Depot also still had alot of the "Holiday" 3 pk cords, but they weren't 75% off either after the price check.

It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline XmasLightGuy

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, »
[quote ]
if i've known people needed the 70ct i would have picked them all up. When I did my run of 75% off shopping at walgreens they had hundreds of 70ct blue, greens and red. Didn't picked them up because it wasn't part of my plan  ;D[/quote]
The stores around here had plenty of red/green/blue/clear(all had green wire)... i was more
interested in the oddball colors LOL (pink/pink wire) (purple/purple wire) (yellow/beige wire) :) those
are harder to find LOL

No sales on 'Holiday' ext cords at the Home Depot's around here either
computer controlled lights specs:
[Processor Type: 486sx]
[Processor Speed: 33mhz]
[Windows Version: 3.1]
[Printer Ports: 3]
[Channels: 24]

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, »
Same deal here in the Atlanta area. $5.49. Made a special trip just for the cords. Didn't see them in the pile of Christmas specials so went looking. Found them in the usual electrical section. Funny thing is that they clearly have "Holiday" in the name but not marked down.  I asked for a price check and the CSR shrugged it off and said "well it's still a real good price".

I got the same response however, at the time they were still in the holiday section and surrounded by all the 75% off stuff. In fact the sticker was yellow just like everything else giving you the impression that that was the "sale" price. It might still be a good deal as she puts it but I don't like having them try to have me believe that they're on sale when they're not.

I'm not making a fuss though. I just shrugged it off and left. If it's meant to be, I get a deal in the future. Just have to be alert and check back.  :)

BTW,... RJ, you're right. Last years $1.24 really was ideal.  :D
Leon

Offline Garrison

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, »
What I was able to pick up. Walgreens went 75% off starting 12/28/2009. They will not go any lower then this.

20 x WARM WHITE 50ct C-6 LEDs ($9.99 / Discount Price: $2.49)

Hey knguyen916,

Sorry to resurrect this post but I was just curious if the C6 LED's you purchased from Walgreens work with the LE's. They happen to have green C6 LED's this year that I was planning on purchasing, but only if they can be dimmed.

Garrison

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, »
I haven't checked yet. I'll check tonight and get back to you. I believe the C-6 are already listed on the Express Utility (Per Bill). I'm pretty sure Bill picked up the same items last year from Walgreens and had RJ do the curves for them.

What I was able to pick up. Walgreens went 75% off starting 12/28/2009. They will not go any lower then this.

20 x WARM WHITE 50ct C-6 LEDs ($9.99 / Discount Price: $2.49)

Hey knguyen916,

Sorry to resurrect this post but I was just curious if the C6 LED's you purchased from Walgreens work with the LE's. They happen to have green C6 LED's this year that I was planning on purchasing, but only if they can be dimmed.

Garrison

Offline XmasLightGuy

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, »
The C6's from last year can be dimmed (don't know about this year's though they could always be different)

Offline Garrison

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, »
Thanks knguyen91 and Xmas! If they were dimmable last year, then I would hope that they will work this year as well. It seems like most LED's keep improving each year. I'm planning on outlining my roof line with the green C6's but won't be going animated this year. I just wanted to make sure that my purchase would work with with the LE's as the goal is to have Blinky in 2010.

Offline Garrison

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, »
I haven't checked yet. I'll check tonight and get back to you. I believe the C-6 are already listed on the Express Utility (Per Bill). I'm pretty sure Bill picked up the same items last year from Walgreens and had RJ do the curves for them.

Knguyen916,

I was wondering how you liked the color of your C6 warm white LEDs. I picked up both blue and green so far and was planning on getting the warm whites as well, but I wasn't too sure about the color. On the display box the lights don't appear to be as "warm" as say the GE warm whites from Lowes. I just thought I'd ask for your impressions of them. I'm hoping to pick them up after Christmas at the same great prices you got last year. There are a ton of Walgreens around here and with several stops, I'm hoping I can pick up what I need for 2010.

Garrison

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, »
They are ok, They are definitely warm as described. I should have gotten cool white. The warm white is not as bright as I had hoped

Knguyen916,

I was wondering how you liked the color of your C6 warm white LEDs. I picked up both blue and green so far and was planning on getting the warm whites as well, but I wasn't too sure about the color. On the display box the lights don't appear to be as "warm" as say the GE warm whites from Lowes. I just thought I'd ask for your impressions of them. I'm hoping to pick them up after Christmas at the same great prices you got last year. There are a ton of Walgreens around here and with several stops, I'm hoping I can pick up what I need for 2010.

Garrison

Offline Garrison

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, »
They are ok, They are definitely warm as described. I should have gotten cool white. The warm white is not as bright as I had hoped

I actually have some C7 cool white lights from two years ago and was wanting to move to warm white in the future. But from what your saying, it doesn't sound like this brand (with this color at least) would suit my needs.

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, »
Well if your planning on buying some stuff from Walgreens make sur eot bring in the $5 off $25 coupon

I actually have some C7 cool white lights from two years ago and was wanting to move to warm white in the future. But from what your saying, it doesn't sound like this brand (with this color at least) would suit my needs.

Offline XmasLightGuy

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, »
Color-wize last year's Walgreens WW C6 LEDs are very close to the GE WW (last year as well)

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, »
Yes the C6 LED's I got from Wallgreens last year can be dimmed but they have a bad flicker to them.
And yes they should already be in the curve utility.

Bill