Author Topic: ATX Power Supply Adapter  (Read 2690 times)

Offline grumpy2076

ATX Power Supply Adapter
« on: May 20, 2012, »
I read that some one made this and was woundering if there were avalible or were i cvan get one. >.d9
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: ATX Power Supply Adapter
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, »
i can vaguely remember someone talking about something like this, i think it was from aussiephil?    but i could be mistaken what he created would be what you are looking for.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, »
Yeah Chis is right. Phil did design the board. I got one or two and I believe Bill ran the coop and had extras. I have no idea if he still has any

I can it can't hurt to PM him.  wbuehler

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, »
I believe they are all gone and there are no plans to make anymore..  I too would be interested in a couple of them. 
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, »
A bit of overkill for the size, but the Smart String Hub (active or passive) is an ATX Power Supply Adapter.

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, »
You can hook the ps-on wire "usually green" to ground "black" This will turn on the power supply. Then use the yellow wires for 12V, red for 5V, and orange for 3.3V. Check your power supply, most have a color code or a pinout. You should keep a small load on the power supply, I find the internal fan is usually enough. or add a resistor to the 5V. If you cut off the atx connector, make sure you tie all the same color wires together. Most power supplies have a sense wire on the 3.3V and 5V that will shut off if disconnected.

Have fun
Have Fun!

Offline deplanche

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, »
This has some good information too on a DIY that gives the same results.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login