Author Topic: HLS new light software  (Read 7414 times)

Offline barbotte

Re: HLS new light software
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, »
well let me be the first to confirm that joe has make this software working with lynx 16 and dongle .. and i am using wireless too ...not sure about the etherdongle as i dont have one but his later version work very good ... thanks joe
cheer

Offline angus40

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, »
Yes version 4v  has incorporated the lynx bmx dongle !

You can get it here>>>>>You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank You  Joe & Charles for making this possible.

Richard

Offline angus40

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, »
Here is a how to , for any one trying out hls . I have a few videos showing how ez hls controls nutcracker effects.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    <<<<how to video

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login <<<<light show
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, by angus40 »

Offline tmcteer

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, »
Looks like the light show video is the same as the how to

Tom :)

Offline angus40

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, »
pixicles , small mega tree and some rgb arch test with hls .

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

just creating effects for the pixel plane

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, »
I wouldn't consider HLS as a replacement for existing LSP users - more like an alternative to Vixen 2.x. It supports RGB, can easily renumber/reorder channels or channel groups, has support for all the major dongles/interfaces (E1.31, Enttec Pro/Open, Lynx, Serial, etc). It can import Vixen sequences and Joe indicated it wouldn't be an issue making an exporter as well. It interfaces very well with Nutcracker.

If you're just starting out or are an existing Vixen user, I think this has some features that are very nice so give it a try - it's free like Vixen and fixes get done within a day or so (currently anyway). The big problem with Vixen is the show scheduler - it's very inefficient and a resource hog so HLS (or Vixen with xLights) may be a good alternative.

Offline angus40

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, »
Looks like the light show video is the same as the how to

Tom :)

Thanks for catching that . fixed .

Offline thestig

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, »
Does anyone know if Joe is going to allow us to convert our files into the conductor format? I am seriously thinking about sequencing with HLS this year. but conductor support is a must as I don't want my gaming computer to be locked down running shows. My other computer wont be able to handle the thousands of pixelnet channels.

Grant

Offline angus40

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, »
What is the conductor format exactly . maybe this would be something  RJ and Joe would need to discuss.

With the volume of pixels that RJ's  hardware can control  hls is an awesome choice for a sequencer.

Also i think Joe will be away from active software developement for awhile as he is busy with other affairs .

I think it would be great if the ether dongle was supported by hls also , this enable choices for folks that wanta freeware  sequencer for pixels etc that will run on their pc's without needing to ugrade pc hardware .

Offline angus40

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, »
For any one testing hls . i have created 7 how to videos that   step you through hls from a-z

Using these videos will assist you in getting a sequenced to a beatrack with visualizer and custom sequencing effects , also getting your playlist saved and setup hls's builtin show scheduler.

Offline barbotte

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, »
For any one testing hls . i have created 7 how to videos that   step you through hls from a-z

Using these videos will assist you in getting a sequenced to a beatrack with visualizer and custom sequencing effects , also getting your playlist saved and setup hls's builtin show scheduler.
yoyo angus thank for your effort but an address of those video would be nice lol
cheer

Offline angus40

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, »
Sorry I forgot to post Videos link