Author Topic: Best use of wireless  (Read 3896 times)

Offline urthegman

Best use of wireless
« on: May 25, 2012, »
Sorry that I am so dense that I need things spelled out. But what would I need to duplicate what is happening on one Lynx Express V5 to send the info wireless to another Lynx Express V5 across the street?

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Best use of wireless
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, »
2 options:

Option A:
(1) Tx/RX Wirlesss Transimitter or Receiver ==> set it to transmit using one of 3 channels
(1) EX/RX Wireless Receiver for Express ==> set it to receive using the same channel selection

Option B:
(1) Tx/RX Wirlesss Transimitter or Receiver ==> set it to transmit using one of 3 channels
(1) Tx/RX Wirlesss Transimitter or Receiver ==> set it to receive using the same channel selection
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, »
I would recommend the two Tx/Rx setup. One set as a transmitter and the one across the street as a receiver this is the most solid setup with the wireless.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, »
Just make sure that they are high enough to prevent vehicles from blocking the signal.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, »
Thank you everyone, I will order the boards right now!

Offline gatorengineer

• Facebook link
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, »
Let me know what part you use to replace the DC Power Connectors PCB 2.1MM.  I know they give a possible replacement part, but I want to make sure that works before I go buying the board and parts.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, »
I haven't ordered the parts yet, but I am guessing that you did and Mouser didn't have one of the parts? I will order the parts today and keep you posted on the missing part. George

Offline urthegman

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, »
Since it is part number 163-7620E-E instead of 163-7620-E and the specs are not available, I went and ordered it anyway. It is on backorder until June 6th which is right around the corner. In the meantime I will try to contact Kobiconn and see if they will offer any info on the replacement. It looks like they are just changing the part # but I will confirm that for everyone. George

Offline urthegman

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, »
Uggghh!!! Just realized the 485 chips are on backorder until July 4th!!!!

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, »
Over a month ago I ordered the parts, everything is in and soldered, except the connector. Still waiting on it. Also found the red led is a T1 3/4 insted of a T1. I just mounded it behind the hole drilled out for it. You could drill out the hole or locate a replacement. I did find a "water clear" red led T1 size with the same specs but never got around to ordering. 604-WP710A10SRC/D

Have fun
Have Fun!

Offline urthegman

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, »
Just realized that I have the 485 chips that I bought for my Express v5 spare part war chest. So I guess I will cancel that item on my order so that my order will ship on June 6th when the connector is supposed to come in. Thanks for the heads up about the red led. Let us all know about the connector when you get it, if you can.

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, »
Today I got the last of my parts in. The 163-7620-E-E connector has 1 pin that is larger. It will not fit, unless you file the center back pin down a bit. Everything else is the same. I know this part is used in the AEON clock, Lynx Wireless(TX/RX), and the EtherDongle.

Have Fun
Have Fun!

Offline urthegman

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Today I got the last of my parts in. The 163-7620-E-E connector has 1 pin that is larger. It will not fit, unless you file the center back pin down a bit. Everything else is the same. I know this part is used in the AEON clock, Lynx Wireless(TX/RX), and the EtherDongle.

Have Fun
I received my parts today as well, the pcbs I ordered haven't arrived yet so I couldn't check the fit myself. Thanks for the tip about filing down the center pin, I will get my file ready to go! 

Offline urthegman

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, »
Finally built mine tonight and I see what you mean. I used my small snips on the center prong/pin. Either the board has to change or we need to get the manufacturer on board and have the part built to our specs, not sure which is easier.