Author Topic: Pic program  (Read 2395 times)

Offline tennhillbilly

Pic program
« on: June 02, 2012, »
Can someone tell me if the Pic came programed in the 2012 MR-16 co-op ? If not I will have to order a zif socket to fit this chip, I only have the socket for the Pic in the Express  and dongle. Thanks

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Pic program
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, »
It did not come programmed.

Check out the list of folks on the wiki page that can program for you.

If you are coming to the academy, bring it with you and someone (me?) can program for you..
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, »
I wonder...

if you place your pic into another board that has a header and uses the same pic...  Could you use it to program your mr16 pic as if it was the missing zif socket?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, »
I wouldn't do it. Yes it may work, if it is the same.

BUT once it is programed, it may start to run and cause damage. It may even enter into program mode and scramble.

Buy the J1sys adapter

Have fun
Have Fun!

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, »
The pic was programmed on the mr16 coop that I did if you need it reflashed I can help if needed
Jeff

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, »
Thanks to all for the information, I have not actually tried it yet ,other than to hook up the power supply. I got the red led (power) lit up when I supplied power. Will try hooking to lights and see what happens.

Offline rm357

Pic program
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, »
I usually program the pics with the board un-powered, so using another board that has the header should not be a problem.

The pickit will provide power during the programming.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, »
Steve Gibson, an assembly language old-timer, said that no code is ever "right" until it has been re-written 3 times.

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, »
Ok I made a 1 minute test sequence  in vixen and all channels seem to work. I have 1 string of dumb RGB lights and I switched from channel 1-2-3 to 4-5-6 ect. and they all seem to work . Now I will try to change the address to see if I can be sucessful at that. So far I only have needed 16 channels as I have had only 1 LE before. Thanks to all for the help.