Author Topic: Etherdongle + LSP Scheduler success  (Read 1248 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

Etherdongle + LSP Scheduler success
« on: June 05, 2012, »
I've also posted this over on the Light Show Pro forums, but I thought I would post the following results here.

I know LSP is going through a re-design right now, but here's some testing I ran yesterday on my test rig:

I've been doing some testing of LSP before everything gets set up for Halloween.

I'm running the lastest LSP S/W (version 1630), running on Windows 7, i7 Quad Core, 8Meg RAM.

It's using the DIY Light Animation Ether Dongle, connected via Cat 5 to two DIY Light Animation 16 Port Active Hubs, flashed for PixelNet.
The Hubs then feed 16 LED Flexstrips, split over the two Hubs and also running DMX to two D-Light AC16's converted to DMX.

In total there are about 5000 channels.

I loaded three sequences, which are very complex, using effects generated by LSP, into the scheduler.

The three sequences ran perfectly for two hours last night with NO lag in any of the channels. Even the commands sent to my talking Pumpkin ran pefectly
with no lag what's so ever.
So, I've heard from some folks that the scheduler doesn't work well for them. In my testing yesterday, I had NO problems at all. There was some delay the first time the sequences ran through, but after the first play through all was well, and the CPU utilization stayed at around 10%.

Pretty pleased with the results!!!!!!

Offline caretaker

Re: Etherdongle + LSP Scheduler success
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, »
David said he was going to fix some problems with the scheduler and I guess he has. The lag you see the first time through is the scheduler putting the sequences to cache or at least that was what I was told. Glad things are going well for you.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, »
The fixes to the scheduler are slated for the next version I believe. The etherdongle is just that much better than a usb dongle for high channel counts. But most people don't have etherdongles. Luckily I do now and plan on a conductor unit to go with it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, »
I believe the scheduler is being re-written for the next release, I'm just happy that it's working in the current scheduler.

Planning to try a 4-6 song sequence test in a couple of weeks and run it for about 5-6 hours just to see how it gets on.

Real happy that it's working so well with the Etherdongle

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, »
The scheduler v 2.0 will work, you just need to know the quirks of how to get it to operate. Yea its a pain when you just want something simple to operate your shows.