Author Topic: Using LMS into Light Show Pro  (Read 2036 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Using LMS into Light Show Pro
« on: June 12, 2012, »
So how are people doing this?  It seems to import ok but once I configure the controller to be a RGB Lighting/Pixelnet-Smartstrings all the colors change from RGB to grayscale.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: Using LMS into Light Show Pro
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, »
Are you talking about a .lms sequence with RGB already in it ... or just traditional ON/OFF sequences that were brought into LSP ?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, »
It has RGB in it created from Nutcracker.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, »
When you import into LSP, does it come in as three separate channels?  Have you set the color for each channel?

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, »
Yeah looks like its coming over as one channel for each color and then changing the controller it combines the RGB channels.

Bummer

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, »
If you right click on it, is one of the options available Edit RGB Blend?

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, »

I talked to superman on the Australian forum. He is using nutcracker effects with lsp.

(Warning, i know nothing about LSP).

he has 16 strings of 50 rgb pixels. This would be 32 strands of 25. He tried that model and ran into all the problems you are seeing.
He said that when he imports Nutcracker (he has an 800 pixel tree, 2400 channels), they come in as separate channels. If you combine them, they turn white instead of the real color.

Here is how he fixed it.

He modeled his tree in nutcracker as one string with 800 pixels. He folded into 32 strands.
His real hardware is 16 strings of 50 pixels.
He created his model as 1x800 ( didnt know i supported this, boy i am good)

Generate effects and get an lms file.

He imports this into one LSP
He opens a second LSP that has his real sequence. I think he said it cut and pasted it and selected something as the controller, blah, blah. i dont know the screens he was referring to.

When he was all done, Nutcracker effects in LSP!

I have asked him to make a tutorial so i can post it. He  said most people in Australia use LSP not Vixen. Maybe this method can give people some stress release that they in fact can get Nutcracker into LSP.

I still plan on making a native msq file. I expect that is at least 2-4 man weeks of effort. Expect it in jul/aug time frame unless i run into something unknown (Like my work load at Oracle).

thanks

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, »

I talked to superman on the Australian forum. He is using nutcracker effects with lsp.

(Warning, i know nothing about LSP).

he has 16 strings of 50 rgb pixels. This would be 32 strands of 25. He tried that model and ran into all the problems you are seeing.
He said that when he imports Nutcracker (he has an 800 pixel tree, 2400 channels), they come in as separate channels. If you combine them, they turn white instead of the real color.

Here is how he fixed it.

He modeled his tree in nutcracker as one string with 800 pixels. He folded into 32 strands.
His real hardware is 16 strings of 50 pixels.
He created his model as 1x800 ( didnt know i supported this, boy i am good)

Generate effects and get an lms file.

He imports this into one LSP
He opens a second LSP that has his real sequence. I think he said it cut and pasted it and selected something as the controller, blah, blah. i dont know the screens he was referring to.

When he was all done, Nutcracker effects in LSP!

I have asked him to make a tutorial so i can post it. He  said most people in Australia use LSP not Vixen. Maybe this method can give people some stress release that they in fact can get Nutcracker into LSP.

I still plan on making a native msq file. I expect that is at least 2-4 man weeks of effort. Expect it in jul/aug time frame unless i run into something unknown (Like my work load at Oracle).

thanks
nice workaround!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro