Author Topic: For Sale: Animated Lighting Controllers  (Read 4557 times)

Offline kevinpickett

• Colorado Christmas
For Sale: Animated Lighting Controllers
« on: June 14, 2012, »
I have several AL controllers for sale.  These are the Boards only (no enclosures or pigtails)

LC16 - 16 ch board, 15amp. $150 each plus shipping
LC64 - 64 channel board.  $450 each plus shipping

They have AL version 4.0.20 firmware.  They will work with Light Show Pro v2.0!!

Email me directly if interested.  I will remove this post when the units are sold or indicate the quantity left when the numbers get down there.

Thanks
Kevin
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, by kevinpickett »
---------------------------
Kevin
Colorado Christmas

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Re: For Sale: Animated Lighting Controllers
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, »
Hmm to bad american lighting controllers do not run on dmx;like all of these controllers do. And plus that price is a little steep for controllers. That is why people started building controllers off of this web site is because 1) cheap, and 2) the dmx protocal is simplier to work with and compatible with a lot of products.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, by holland lights »

Offline kevinpickett

• Colorado Christmas
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, »
Animated Lighting controllers can run DMX, its a simple firmware update to make them DMX compatible.  AL controllers are expensive when compared to DIY or even LOR for that matter.  But they are in a world of their own with their own protocol.  So for someone who needs AL controllers this a a good deal for them, its almost half of what they sell for. And most of these are new and never been used.
Kevin
Colorado Christmas

Offline rm357

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, »
Maybe, but this is the DLA forum and most of us are not familiar with AL.
You would probably have better luck on the DIYC forums.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, »
I am not familiar, A picture or 2 may help. I like to see what else is out there. There may not be much interest here, It doesn't hurt to try.

Thanks & Good Luck
Have Fun!

Offline kevinpickett

• Colorado Christmas
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, »
sorry if I offended anyone by posting something other than DIY controllers here.  I know for a fact that some people who are using DIY systems started off with LOR and AL, and grew into the assemble your own boards to save money.   LSP is about the only thing that supports them other than their own software that hasn't been updated in 7 years.  And since the LSP fourm is not as popular I thought I would try here where a lot of technical minds that use LSP with a variety of boards might have a use for something like this.  I did not see a DIY ONLY rule for the classifieds. And was trying to get the word out to as many people that I can that these are available if anyone could benefit from them.  They are after all Christmas Lighting controllers which is what the main purpose we all are after weather it be with Lynx, Ray Wu's boards, LOR, or our own creation.

If you don't have interest in them then fine.  I'm not out to convert anyone. Just trying to sell some excess boards that I have since I have purchased alot of the Kinetic product to replace their use.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, by kevinpickett »
Kevin
Colorado Christmas

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, »
I don't think it's a huge deal that you posted here....like I read above, you may want to post pics and more data on their capabilities....
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, »
It is perfectly fine for you to post here. You are correct. I am not sure the posts where meant the way you have taken them as text can sometimes come across different than intended. It happens to me all the time.

If I am wrong then we should have done a better job being more DLA like to you.

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rm357

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, »
I hope you didn't take my post that way, I was just trying to help you find a broader audience to sell your equipment. I doubt you would get a good price on eBay as this hobby is still relatively new and has not pulled in the masses... Yet...

When it comes to what the equipment is or does, I try to focus on the capabilities it provides. I also like to balance "fanboy" discussions, which may make me seem like a stick in the mud. In the eyes of a "fanboy" the product they are excited about is the best thing since sliced bread no matter what anyone else says or whatever else may be out there...

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline urthegman

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, »
Now that you mention Ebay, I have seen them sell for $200 and up in late fall on there.

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, »
Hey Kevin,

1st, ...I noticed your post count and would like to welcome you to DLA. RM beat me to the punch but just wanted to say the same. RM's comments didnt sound to me like you took em. People here at DLA just arent like other forums you may have belonged to. You won't find that kind of attitude here. Were glad youre here and hope you can find the right buyer for your on sale gear.   ;)

Hope you had a great weekend

Leon
Leon