Author Topic: Output Plugins  (Read 4361 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

Re: Output Plugins
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, »
It may also be that when you save a change to a sequence, the sequence output bulb WILL stop working (but testing the H/W will keep on working). You have to close LSP, then re-start LSP after saving a sequence to get the output bulb to work.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, »
Good rule of thumb-if you make changes to the sequence always right click the audio area and optimize the entire sequence and save. And I agree to close and restart the program. When you playback with the output turned on it will warn you it has to optimize before playing which doesn't take long.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Good rule of thumb-if you make changes to the sequence always right click the audio area and optimize the entire sequence and save. And I agree to close and restart the program. When you playback with the output turned on it will warn you it has to optimize before playing which doesn't take long.

some of my sequences take 5-10 mins to optimize: -(

Offline keitha43

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, »
Get an alienware with a 3d hd screen and 12g of ram and fastest processor at the dell clearance site. Whoops the size of my head started blocking the tv screen.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, »
Get an alienware with a 3d hd screen and 12g of ram and fastest processor at the dell clearance site. Whoops the size of my head started blocking the tv screen.

I'm running LSP on a Quad Core, Windows 7, dedicated Graphics co-processor with 8Gig Ram and a solid state drive. Can't go much faster than that.

Still takes 5-10 mins to optimize my sequences :-(

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, »
I ran my LSP editing on Win7 x64, the fastest icore7 proc that I could get from Fry's, 32GB, and 4 fast SSDs in RAID 0...  and STILL my 13,000 channels were slower to sequence than I wanted. :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, »
I ran my LSP editing on Win7 x64, the fastest icore7 proc that I could get from Fry's, 32GB, and 4 fast SSDs in RAID 0...  and STILL my 13,000 channels were slower to sequence than I wanted. :)

Agreed, I'm running close to 5,000 channels and as the sequence is programmed, it gets slower and slower to optimize each sequence. They do run ok in the scheduler, it's just slow to optimize in the sequencer.

I don't believe that LSP takes advantage of the multiple cores, memory or the dedicated graphics co-processor, so I'm hoping the re-write David has done on LSP, will take advantage of those with the next release.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, »
Still nothing after doing the optimization/rebooting/restarting the application.

Same thing works just fine when I do a test hardware but nothing during the sequence.

Right now all I have it one Aether setup so.....

LSP Machine to etherdongle to smart string hub to dmx out to Aether.

Aether is controlled starting on channel 33 (works fine on that channel in xlights and vixen).  Jumpers on the smart string hub are all set to 1

Offline keitha43

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, »
What does it say under channels tab on controller settings?

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, »
Here you go.  Thanks everyone for helping me try to get this figured out.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, »
Are you starting playback from the beginning of the sequence? Is the channel off at the beginning of the sequence before you turn it on so the hardware sees a change of state? I don't remember did you say it worked from within testing the controller hardware in lsp? Have you tried using the scheduler to run it instead of the sequencer?

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, »
I just wanted to play with the aether so all I have is a slow ramp (RGB ramp) up from the start.

It works fine when I do a test hardware on the controller within the lsp sequencer.

It does not work in the scheduler.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, »
It needs to be off at the beginning of the sequence. All channels must be off before the first timing mark so the hardware sees a change from off to on. Insert a timing mark and turn off the flood before the mark. Then optimize and try again.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, »
Success!!!!!!

Thank you very much man the stupid little problems always get you.  Thank you very much.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, »
Was it my suggestion that fixed it?