Author Topic: No TX/RX lights on MagJack  (Read 2120 times)

Offline ms5435

No TX/RX lights on MagJack
« on: June 20, 2012, »
I have flashed the unit several times, have reflowed my soldering joints, looked for bridging on the SMDs, never saw any magic smoke and sill don't get any TX/RX lights when I plug the unit to my computer's LAN port.  I do get the power light to come on.  Several folks looked it over at the Academy and we re-flashed it there using the HEX file off of a working unit and still nothing.  Has anyone else had this same issue?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, by ms5435 »

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: No TX/RX lights on MagJack
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, »
I've seen this too.  Reflowing, re-flashing, helped with one.  The other was a unit I messed up thinking I had a SMD bridge.

Don't forget to check your cables and your switch.  If you have another working unit to swap out, it helps to verify everything else is working -- and then you can reduce it back to EtD issue.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, »
One of the units that was sent to me for repair had the same issue. I found that the 8.0 MHz and 50.0 MHz oscillators were reversed. Once I changed them to the correct locations, the activity LEDs on the MagJack started working and everything was good.

Rick

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, »
I had the same issue and RJ fixed it after I did the same thing Steve did. Not sure what caused the original problem though.

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, »
I had the same problem until I used a crossover cable for my antique laptop.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline ms5435

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, »
Sorry for the delay in responding...we moved this past week and now the house is upside down!  I have not tried any of the suggestions, but I will soon.  If I still don't have any luck I will repost.  thanks for the suggestions.