Author Topic: When are the next co-op going to be set up?  (Read 5461 times)

Offline wbbb1

When are the next co-op going to be set up?
« on: December 30, 2008, »
I really new at this, just decided I wanted to do this a couple of weeks ago after seeing Computer Controlled Lighting on YouTube. I have decided I want to build probably two Lynx FreeStyle controls and and least 10 SSR's and use Vixen as my software. Are there others out there? I don't mind starting the co-op, if we have 25 people, that is if I can get the required PCB boards. Anyone interested in buyingone or more, please email me at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Thanks

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: When are the next co-op going to be set up?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I really new at this, just decided I wanted to do this a couple of weeks ago after seeing Computer Controlled Lighting on YouTube. I have decided I want to build probably two Lynx FreeStyle controls and and least 10 SSR's and use Vixen as my software. Are there others out there? I don't mind starting the co-op, if we have 25 people, that is if I can get the required PCB boards. Anyone interested in buyingone or more, please email me at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Thanks

Coops have to be approved by the Admin. I am glad you are ready to go! We already have coops lined up for about everything and we are waiting to get our pre coop conference done where we will talk about any improvements we would like to make before ordering coops for this year.

The Coops should kick off in 2 weeks or less.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, »
honestly thats good to hear that the co-ops will hit off real early. IMHO it should be a little later (month or two) as I know a lot of people put their whole paycheck (exaggerating here  ;D) into buying all the discounted lights. Honestly, who still has cash lying around after Christmas shopping and buying up all those lights.  ;D

Just my two cents.

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, »
I thought you already used your last two cents....

Ron

Offline Greg

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, »
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had some sort of reservation function.

Those of us who already know what sort of new stuff we need could make a reservation for the particular pieces updating our quantities as we get on into planning for 2009 and when we would be prepared to buy them.

A coop manager could then monitor the reservation system and when enough had reserved a particular item, a coop could be opened with first preference given to the reservations followed by everyone else.

'Tis still the season for dreaming isn't it?

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, »
OOOOOOOOOps..     arrrrgh.........    (dang that hurt).       

change name to Wish List .........   when the qty of any item in the wish list and the heavens are aligned right, a COOP is formed and executed.   

The Wish List  could include anything already developed or in the system and it could include those new toys that are on the edge of release.  The names of the wishee's would not be revealed in the wish list...  just the net qty.   

After the COOP is closed, the COOP mgr (or one of the admin/moderators) would need to zero out the qty in the Wish List for that item.    ;D

3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline Greg

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, »
I don't know about the wish list concept in this context.  I was more of the mind that it would be a reservation or pre-order system and as new stuff was invented and beta tested it could be added by the admin to the available devices list for pre-ordering.

Wish listing at least of non-existent gear sort of begs for descriptive or developmental discussion which is handled elsewhere on this forum, right?

Oh wait, we already have Bill, so why would we need a different reservation system anyhow?  ;D

Thereagain, this discussion, at least partially at my fault has digressed significantly from the original topic so I guess I'm done   :)

....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline softshelpro

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, »
I am restarting this thread in asking "When are the next Co-op's going to be set up?". I am really interesed in a Dongle and 2 LE's.
There are two types of people in this world, those who are Dorks and those who are in denial.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, »
I am restarting this thread in asking "When are the next Co-op's going to be set up?". I am really interesed in a Dongle and 2 LE's.

Normally Co-Op's will start in the January/February time frame after the season is done.

Bill

Offline voyageurs60

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, »
After reading the last 3-4 hours on the site I am getting really really excited... this Christmas season is in the bag. but hey, Christmas 2010 is only 366 days away... will I have enough time... hmmmm...

looking forward to participating in multiple Co-op's now that I finally figured out what DMX is... kept thinking it was a music reference "damn, Comcast" for contaminating my brain...

From what I see, with JR as our fearless leader and his elves "read: minions" helping... these are awesome light display controllers...

voyageurs60 (Dan)
Light in Peace - voyageurs60 (Dan)

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, »
...with JR as our fearless leader and his elves "read: minions" helping... these are awesome light display controllers...

voyageurs60 (Dan)

Glad you're excited Dan... RJ and the other DLA elves are quite a blessing to us all!  But just wait until you build a dongle and your first controller to really appreciate how awesome they are!!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, »
who still has cash lying around after Christmas shopping and buying up all those lights.  ;D

Don't know where you are going to be buying lights all the usual places around me are for all practical purposes sold out.  I'm sure glad I was not planning on buying more lights after Christmas this year.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, »
I think that those days of the big 50% off sales on Christmas lights are at an end.  Sadly, there are way too many people that don't buy anything until these sales happen and the stores are getting wise to it.  Then add the bad economy to the mix and the stores ordered way less this year than they usually did.  This is the first time that I ever saw Target run out of lights about a week BEFORE Christmas.  Wally world was also out of most of their lights a week or more before Christmas and neither one had the stock levels in the beginning of the season that they had the year before and I bet that they will do the same thing next year.  This may be a good thing for the on-line vendors that offer pre-order discounts on lights and decorations thatca be easily shipped.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, »
I bet it just depends on the economy.  Buyers had to hedge with small inventories this year because the entire economy was lower.  Since they basically sold everything without having to put anything on sale my bet is they will have much bigger stocks next year.  Especially if the economy turns around at all.  Buying is a cyclical thing.  If they get burned one year with excess inventory then they overcompensate the next year.  Same way with low stocks, if they underbought this year next year they will probably over buy.

So, just wait for next years sales.  Or, get in on some of the LED pre-orders, they look to be priced even better this year than last.

Ron