Author Topic: Mag Jack Pins  (Read 1615 times)

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
Mag Jack Pins
« on: June 29, 2012, »
Okay...not being the most technically electrical person at all, I looked for my answer in the spec sheet and couldn't find it, so now I'm hoping someone else can help me.  I am assembling by EDongle and found that my MagJack (SI-60062-F) looks like it's lacking a pin.  On the PCB, there are two rows of four pins in each row on the top side of the jack.  On the row closest to the actual opening, I only have 3 pins on my jack.  Is this correct? Or did I receive a faulty jack?  I don't mind getting a replacement I just wanted to figure this out before I finalize the board and hopefully get it to work.

Thanks...Duane

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Mag Jack Pins
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, »
what you are seeing is normal and expected.  there is no pin.  if i recall correctly, there is a hole there, but the hole is missing the tinning (or whatever that that conductive surface is called)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, »
Looking at mine I have 4 pins  at opening  I have 4 pins then 3 then 4
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, by t.jo13 »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, »
Totally normal, the ones we use do not have the unused pin. Some of them that might be used as sub parts. If one will work, have all 8 pins but still do not use that pin. So I left the hole from the pattern on the pcb.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, »
Thanks for the quick replies.  I just thought it looked kinda strange so wanted to troubleshoot before I finished (just in case).  Hope everyone has a great weekend!!