Author Topic: LSP and Dumb String Colors????  (Read 2082 times)

Offline AverageJoeTX

LSP and Dumb String Colors????
« on: July 01, 2012, »
Didn't know where to try to post this question, not sure if the problem lies in LSP or DMX module (I've tried multiple). I have 6 DMX modules purchased from CheapDMX some last year and a few of the newer ones. I have only found one that outputs the correct colors (basic colors) in an actual sequence. Colors tested in XLights came out correct "first channel=red, second=green, third=blue.
In the sequence the blue, green, and white come out naturally but the red comes out white. I don't have this issue with one controller but all the others tested gave the same (no red) results, except in xlights test.
What could I possibly be missing here.
Any suggestions appreciated, I'm going nuts here checking the wiring inside all of these controllers, and they all seem to  be wired up the same.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, by AverageJoeTX »
Joe Glenn (West Tawakoni, TX)

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Re: LSP and Dumb String Colors????
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, »
I dont know much about that controller but sounds like maybe the connections are different on those controllers. I dont know for certain, but that seems to be the best answer since its just dumb strings. Switch the connection white where red was, and red where white was and see if it fixes it. If so then mark on top the corrected configuration.

Offline rm357

LSP and Dumb String Colors????
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, »
If it works in xlights, it should work in LSP.

Likely issue...
Start channel number - this will cause all sorts of unexpected behaviors. If you send white to the whole group of controllers, it will still work as white = all channels on... If you send red to all controllers and one of them is off or a different color, it is likely that the start address is wrong either in the controller or LSP.

Defective units? If they work in isolation with xlights, this is not likely.

RM

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, »
What are you using as a DMX dongle?
If it is something other than a Lynx or Enttec, you can have addressing problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Offline AverageJoeTX

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, »
Dongle=EtherDongle
Channel numbers check out in xlights, and check out correct in the LSP sequence. Last night I downloaded Vixen, I'll try to build a short animation sequence and see if I get the same results.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Offline AverageJoeTX

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, »
No luck with Vixen, didn't see an output for EDongle. Went back to LSP and the only thing I see that might be a problem is  <fp.(and don't laugh) <fp. I have 5 LOR controllers as DMX channels 1-80, 5 Express controllers DMX 81-160, then my dumbstring controller in LSP (E131) I started the channels at 101. Am I now correct in thinking that all the DMX channels 101 through 160 are conflicting?
"Edit"
Could I just change the zone/network number or does everything going through the same dongle have to be zone 1?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, by AverageJoeTX »

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No luck with Vixen, didn't see an output for EDongle. Went back to LSP and the only thing I see that might be a problem is  <fp.(and don't laugh) <fp. I have 5 LOR controllers as DMX channels 1-80, 5 Express controllers DMX 81-160, then my dumbstring controller in LSP (E131) I started the channels at 101. Am I now correct in thinking that all the DMX channels 101 through 160 are conflicting?
"Edit"
Could I just change the zone/network number or does everything going through the same dongle have to be zone 1?
try creating a new configuration with LSP -- start fresh and only have the EtD defined, and the dumb string controller?

I believe you found your own problem.  address conflicts.  you should start your RGB device as 161, or a new universe.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline AverageJoeTX

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, »
Renumbered E131 controller now gotta readdress a controller and try again, after lunch. Kinda figured eventually I'd run into address conflicts, just took two days to realize it:o

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Offline AverageJoeTX

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, »
SUCCESS!!!!
My problem was definatly the address conflict, now I just gotta figure out the best way to reprogram the 3 dumb controllers in my Coro Star. My guess is I'll have to cut into them and address individually :-[. Then there's addressing my newlly finished Aether II, but thats a question for another forum area.
Thanks for the diagnostic assistance.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, »
Why not move the LEs arount the 9 channels of the star?

I understand the reprogramming issue with the star... I'd avoid opening the star up... Although mine is open now. :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro