Author Topic: TX/RX with EX?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline urthegman

TX/RX with EX?
« on: July 04, 2012, »
Can an EX be used in conjunction with a TX/RX set up?

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: TX/RX with EX?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, »
TX/RX can be configured as a transmitter or a receiver.
EX is a receiver only.

A TX (in transmit mode) can send signals that can be received by any number of RX and EX devices.

A RX or EX device receiving a signal can pass that DMX off to other devices using the cat5 (wired) connections from the controllers.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline rm357

TX/RX with EX?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, »
Yes.

The EX/RX is a receive only module that plugs into the lynx express. With slight modification (described in wiki) you can use it with a lot of other items.

One TX/RX will be needed as your DMX transmitter (in TX mode). Additional TX/RX and EX/RX can be used as receivers. There is no technical limit to the number of receivers that you can use.

Both the TX and EX can be configured for one of three "universes" via internal jumpers.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, »
Last season I used a TX coming off the DMX out from my active hub to send signals to a bunch of EX's in both Expresses and SSR4s.  Worked great.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, »
Last year I took the DMX out from the SS active hub, ran it through a bunch of expresses (wired), then to a Tx/Rx (in Tx mode) ... then I picked that up with two different Ex/Rx (on a LE each) ... and then ran wired from those to other LE(s) ... worked great.  Jumped two different driveways ... no issues with the wireless at all.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, »
Thank you everyone. Looks like it's time to order a couple Ex boards to start myself off.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, »
I would look into getting a TX/RX with that initial order.  While the Lynks wireless system works pretty well, there can be some issues with component placement.  Having a transmitter running a test sequence will allow you to test the placement of the receiving units to make sure that they have a clear signal and to adjust placement of both the transmitter and receivers to assure that your show runs without issue.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline urthegman

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, »
You mean like this?  :D  >:D
Thanks for the great great advice!!! (Didn't want that to be misconstrued)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, by urthegman »