Author Topic: Exporting to LOR question  (Read 1522 times)

Offline gsxrgirl7

Exporting to LOR question
« on: July 04, 2012, »
Hi Sean

I have watched the tutorials on how to export your LOR lms file and I have exported it and I now have the xml file saved on my desktop, but what I cant seem to figure out is how to get it from that file into my LOR sequence.  when I try to import the file it wont read the xml file or see the file.  What is the next step from here?  Or did I miss something somewhere?

Thanks
Julie
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller

Offline Steve716

Re: Exporting to LOR question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, »
Julie, left click on "left click here to make lms file. On the next page toward the bottom, you will see something like: click here for LOR lms file workspaces/207/smtree.lms right click on this and save file (or save link as), open up the LOR sequence folder and paste it in. Then when you open LOR, it should show up in your existing sequences.
Took me awhile to figure this out myself.

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, »
Thanks Steve!!
Helen Keller

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, »
OK well tried this - I have it in my sequences folder, but when I open up a new animation or any sequence to try to import it, and I go to that folder to try to pull it in - it still does not see it.  My computer puts all my LOR files in these types of files - LMS, BAK, LSV, some others too, pretty much all sorts of file types, but it does not create or save any XML type files.  I have tons of animation and musical sequences, whether they are just ones to have to start on, or just to play around with, but it will not see that XML file for anything no matter where it is.  Any other suggestions - I use version S3 of LOR. 
Helen Keller

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, »
Not sure if this is something to do with my computer, if it justt doesnt have everything it should, or what.  But I know that LOR uses xml files, but mine has never saved any files in xml format, and it should be able to read xml files, but mine does not and I have a fully licensed version of the advanced.  So again I am still boggled.  Have tried it different ways and multiple times, with both LOR formats.  Just dont know what to try next. 
Helen Keller

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not sure if this is something to do with my computer, if it justt doesnt have everything it should, or what.  But I know that LOR uses xml files, but mine has never saved any files in xml format, and it should be able to read xml files, but mine does not and I have a fully licensed version of the advanced.  So again I am still boggled.  Have tried it different ways and multiple times, with both LOR formats.  Just dont know what to try next.

lms is an xml file, it just have the lms extension instead of xml extension.

let me try and pm you
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, »

lms is an xml file, it just have the lms extension instead of xml extension.

let me try and pm you

i am in the DLA chat, i will do a live tutorial on Nutcracker and the various sequencers. join chat if you want to participate
you can join by going to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, »
Thank you SOOOO much Sean - it worked!  Its now there!  It was exactly as you showed me.  Thanks again for everything!

<res.
Helen Keller

Offline smeighan

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, »
Thank you SOOOO much Sean - it worked!  Its now there!  It was exactly as you showed me.  Thanks again for everything!

<res.

np julie;

i was unaware that internet explorer would override the extension of my files and change the lms into an xml. Now you know that you can just go and change it back to lms. firefox and chrome do not have that behavior. with our call , i have now tested nutcracker on all three browsers.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, »
Yes and I learned a few other new tricks per our call too!

Thanks again!
Helen Keller