Author Topic: Aether II Problems  (Read 1531 times)

Offline thestig

Aether II Problems
« on: July 10, 2012, »
Hey guys,

I just built my first aether and programmed it. Everything seems to be working properly except for that fact that my green LED is not working. I set the aethers start channel to 1 for my testing purpose and channel 2 (green) does absolutely nothing. All of the other colors function without a problem. So i guess my question is, where should I start trouble shooting? This is the first DLA project that I have failed at during my first attempt  <fp.

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
Re: Aether II Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, »
Check the solder joints for all the components around the green circuit.

Check the wires going to the LED. You can also check the voltage regulator. There should be one for each channel. They are marked R, G, B & W on the circuit board.

Offline thestig

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, »
Thanks for the info. That is kind of what I figured. Does anyone know which led pad #'s correspond to the green led? I am going to pick up a desolder bulb on the way home as I was reheating my solders and accidently bridged one.  <fp.

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, »
The Pads on the LED should be as follows:

1 & 8 - Green
2 & 7 - Red
3 & 6 - White
4 & 5 - Blue

Offline thestig

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, »
We have success. I am kinda bummed out that it was something as simple as a bad solder on the led pad. I found that out after bridging a solder and having to spend a good amount of time fixing it. a few lessons learned.. always make sure you are soldering in a well lit area and use a magnifying glass.

I must say that I think I blinded myself a few times and RJ is not joking  when he says do not look at it. I think that my house will be plenty bright with 6 of them hitting it.

I would definitely say that they are worth the money.

Grant