Author Topic: e 1.31 with wireless possible ?  (Read 1689 times)

Offline barbotte

e 1.31 with wireless possible ?
« on: July 14, 2012, »
is the wireless compatible with the e1.31-dmx ??? i am so confuse when it come to stuff like that .. as i will have more than 512 chanel so i am looking for option right now ...  and it seem that everyone is talking about the e1.31 ... does it work with lynx stuff ?
thanks

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Re: e 1.31 with wireless possible ?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
is the wireless compatible with the e1.31-dmx ??? i am so confuse when it come to stuff like that .. as i will have more than 512 chanel so i am looking for option right now ...  and it seem that everyone is talking about the e1.31 ... does it work with lynx stuff ?
thanks

Did some work on that last year with mixed results. All I can say right now it if you have a lot of other wireless routers in your neighborhood you could have issues. Not enough frequency channels available only have Channel 1, 8 & 11 as the bandwidth of wireless is very wide.

More Later
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: e 1.31 with wireless possible ?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, »
We could use more info.  Are you talking about accessing the etherdongle by using wireless or using wireless TX/RX and EX.  Will this be a DMX only installation or will you also be using pixelnet.  I plan to access my etherdongle using POE - that is ethernet over power lines, but connect to an active hub where I have a TX unit connected to the DMX out from the hub.  And running all my DMX controllers thru wireless.  The only difference between last year and this year will be to use an etherdongle instead or a usb dongle and physically put it in the case with my active hub outside.  Then communicate with etherdongle using the POE connections.  Other folks have tested accessing the ED using POE, but I have not done that yet.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA