Author Topic: SOLVED EtD ISSUE  (Read 4150 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: SOLVED EtD ISSUE
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, »
The EtherDongle uses all four pairs to send data while the DMX dongle only uses one.  You may need to check the holiday coro controller and make sure that it is only using one pair.  If it is wired to more than one pair to make it compatable with multiple single pair controllers then you can get issues like this.

If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If it is wired to more than one pair to make it compatable with multiple single pair controllers then you can get issues like this.

Since I don't think you have a Splitter for the Ed output, you should try something to get JUST pins 1 and 2 connected the holiday coro controller (pin 1 to pin1, pin 2 to pin2).

You could be putting some sort of current load or interference back into the Ed on pins 3 thru 8 that affects the output.

worth testing, anyway.

Offline rm357

SOLVED EtD ISSUE
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, »
The outputs should be identical.

Testing my holiday coro 3 channel DMX thing looks like it is NOT terminated. Add a 120 ohm resistor across the data inputs at the holiday coro device and see if that fixes the issues.

As for the why; a discussion on unterminated transmission lines is beyond the scope of this forum. Suffice it to say that behavior can be unpredictable.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, »
It sounds to me like he is testing a single device plugged into the ED and if so, signal reflection would not be much of an issue.  If it were, it should also have some issues with the DMX dongle as well and he claims that it is working normally with the DMX dongle.  It either a 4 port passive hub or a Pixelnet combiner is put in between them, that woul remove the multi-pair issue and ifot starts working then, that was th problem and if not, then there is an issue between the ED and the little DMX cotroller.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline thestig

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, »
Sorry I havn't replied. My aethers and my LE's work fine with the etherdongle and it is just the holiday coro dmx controller that is having issues. I do not have a combiner to check to see if that is the issue. I am not very worried about it at the moment as I don't plan to use the holiday coro controller anyways. I am going to flash pixelnet on the EtD and run SSC's and DSC's through the active hub.

Just waiting for the sscv2 mouser bom link to hit the wiki so that I can order the parts. I just ordered some of the sscv2's from the store.