Author Topic: Problem with Express  (Read 955 times)

Offline shgshgshgshg

Problem with Express
« on: July 22, 2012, »
Hey everyone,
I'm having some problems with one of my expresses. At first glance It appears to be the same issue as in the other thread I posted about earlier (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).
I have just checked the 2700PF and it is not touching the PCB. I have also checked the voltage against pins 27 and 28 on the PIC and it appears to be about 7 volts. My understanding is that this should be about 3.3.

Other info:
3.3 and 5v lights are both on. All of the chips look correct. Channel 16 light comes on when I press the select button...

Thanks,
Stephen G.
2012: 2,000 lights, 16 channels, all controlled by Vixen.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline shgshgshgshg

Re: Problem with Express
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, »
More info:
 I attempted to put a working pic in the broken express and it did not have any change. I put the PIC from the broken express in a working express and it did not work. So I know the PIC needs to be re-flashed.
Also with no PIC in place on the broken express it is only showing the 3.3 volt light not the 5 volt light.

2012: 2,000 lights, 16 channels, all controlled by Vixen.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Problem with Express
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, »
With a bright light and a good magnifying glass, I would check every soldering joint

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required