Author Topic: 3 down... 3 to go!  (Read 1374 times)

Offline thestig

3 down... 3 to go!
« on: July 22, 2012, »
So I have been building on my Aether 2's for the past few days. Its funny how much time I have been able to cut down with each Aether that I do. The first one took me about 5 hours due to the fact that I had to troubleshoot it forever. The third took me a little over 2 hours (with me taking my time and making sure it was done right so I wouldn't have to troubleshoot. These are alot more work than I originally thought they would be but are totally worth it. I will post a video by next week when I have them finished and shining on my house.

I used the lowes utilitech lights as they were the only thing I could find at the time. They are painted rustoleum satin black.

3 more to go...

Grant

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
Re: 3 down... 3 to go!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, »
Sharp...maybe I should send mine up for you to build...for a cost of course.

by the way, your other items are on their way to you x3.  If you need more let me know.  I have several that I will probably not use this year.
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, »
are those plastic cases?  From my understanding the heatsync is designed to pass heat along to the outside metal case.....

Myk

Offline thestig

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, »
they are metal, just painted a satin black.

they come in a red color from lowes.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, »
They look great!!  nice job.

I started working on my 6 aethers today.  I'm doing them all at once and it is going quickly.  Like you, my first ones took a while, mostly with programming, debugging, and some time trying to get a fit with heat sinks and cases.

The aethers from last year were really my first kit, an i'm surprised how my skills have improved in that year.

I had my son paint my cases in prep for this build.  yours look very nice (in comparison :) )
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro