Author Topic: Couple problems with Aether II  (Read 2873 times)

Offline bassmants

Couple problems with Aether II
« on: July 24, 2012, »
1.  Can't seem to get the address to change off channels 1-4 with running it throught Vixen/etherdongle.

2.  Red light flashes for programming, but in testing I only get Green, White, and Blue.  Any ideas? 

Thanks all

Offline thestig

Re: Couple problems with Aether II
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, »
bassmants, Have you tried programming it through the lynx address utility following the instructions in the manual? When you finish programming the unit and flip the switch do you get a quick flash of the white light? I feel like the programming (start address) is the problem.

Grant

Offline bassmants

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, »
Cannot use the lynx address utility with the Etherdongle.  When following the instructions by opening a new sequence, setting channel 1 to the intensity(channel I want to start) and following the other instructions, the light flashes red, then when flipping the switch back to the right, it gives a sharp white burst.  So it appears to be setting.  But, when I run a sequence nothing happens.  I never seems to switch to the channel I specify.  I then decided to reset it to channel 1.  I made a small sequence with just 4 channels and get white, green and blue, but no red.  Thats where I am.  Thanks for helping.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Cannot use the lynx address utility with the Etherdongle.  When following the instructions by opening a new sequence, setting channel 1 to the intensity(channel I want to start) and following the other instructions, the light flashes red, then when flipping the switch back to the right, it gives a sharp white burst.  So it appears to be setting.  But, when I run a sequence nothing happens.  I never seems to switch to the channel I specify.  I then decided to reset it to channel 1.  I made a small sequence with just 4 channels and get white, green and blue, but no red.  Thats where I am.  Thanks for helping.
when you performed the reset, i believe the starting channel was set to '0'... starting channel is red.  So, having channels 1-3 and their order as Green, Blue, White is expected.

under the best of situations (with a USB DMX dongle), setting the AetherII channels can be an ordeal.  You may need to try over an again.  ...at least that was my experience.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline thestig

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, »
Steve I didn't have any issue at all programming my aethers with the lynx address utility and the usb dongle. Everyone worked first try. I am not familar with programming with the etherdongle. However you are hitting on the same thing I was thinking. His issue is the starting address.

Grant

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, »
Do we have the whole picture here?  When programming with the EtherDongle, are you using a hub set to the correct univers for both PixelNet and DMX or if you are using the EtherDongle alone, has it been flashed for DMX output?  Did you test the combimation by connecting a functioning DMX device to it and make sure it is gettng a valid signal? 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline thestig

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, »
I was under the assumption that he had dmx output through the etherdongle as he was able to test the 3 other channels colors.

Offline bassmants

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, »
It is flashed DMX.  I don't have any pixelnet stuff yet to goof with.  All of my expresses work.

I have 128 channels of expresses.  I made a blank seqeunce with intensity 129 set on channel one.  That was my understanding of how to do this. 

Offline tbone321

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, »
If you have an express set to a startng channel of one then you can hook it up to the EtherDongle in normal mode to see what happens.  With the address utility running, channel one should light up to around 50%brightness and all the other channels should be off.  If it does this, then the problem may be in the Aether.  If everything looks good, I would suggest reflashing the Aether.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline bassmants

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, »
I will try tonight.

Offline AverageJoeTX

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, »
I had the same experience.
Just for testing purposes I left channel 1 at full intensity (255) and did the remaining instructions, red blinking, then white flash. It took a couple of tries but it did accept the 255 as the start channel. I found it easiest to then test with xlights. Do rgb light test, turn on all channels, top slider should be red, second green etc...then narrow down the channels (hopefully to 255r, 256g, 257b, 258w. At that point at least you know the aether is working correctly. I have yet to get the EXACT start channel I desire. But at least I know the aether build is good.
Got a DMX dongle on the way to solve the problem, hopefully.
Joe Glenn (West Tawakoni, TX)