Author Topic: e-dongle addressing question  (Read 1270 times)

Offline MrChristmas2000

e-dongle addressing question
« on: July 26, 2012, »
I wanted to split out my DMX addressing on the end of the second block of pixelnet addresses which would be consistent across all my various displays, Christmas, Halloween, and Independence Day but because of a small bug it seems that you have to allways have something active in the first block of pixelnet addresses.

Does anybody know if that requirement is on a pixelnet block by block basis?

If I started my DMX addressing scheme to begin on the pixelnet block 2 will that be acceptable?

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: e-dongle addressing question
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I wanted to split out my DMX addressing on the end of the second block of pixelnet addresses which would be consistent across all my various displays, Christmas, Halloween, and Independence Day but because of a small bug it seems that you have to allways have something active in the first block of pixelnet addresses.

Does anybody know if that requirement is on a pixelnet block by block basis?

If I started my DMX addressing scheme to begin on the pixelnet block 2 will that be acceptable?
as I understand it....

you can get past this problem by just setting a channel in the first 1-512.  there doesn't need to be a controller listening to that channel.

I never had this problem since i have put data on these channels.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro