Author Topic: Lights Being Sent To RJ For Light Level Testing  (Read 10181 times)

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
I am sending the following light to RJ for light level testing.  Please do not send any other sets at this time to RJ.
These are being sent to allow for testing and for refernce before sending any other light sets.

G.E. From (Lowes)

100ct LDE Icile Blue
50ct LED mini RED
100ct mini Green

Holiday Seasons (Walgreens)

50ct LED C-6 Clear
200ct mini RED

Home Accents (Home Depot)

100ct mini clear

Holiday Living (Lowes)

Rope Light Red
100ct mini Green
150ct net light Multi Color

Wal-Mart

150ct Net Light Clear

Holiday Time (Walmart)

25ct C-9 Red Cermanic
25ct C-9 Clear

Philips (Target)

9ft LED Rope Light White

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, by wbuehler »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Lights Being Sent To RJ For Light Level Testing
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, »
Nice Line up Bill

Should keep RJ busy for 20 seconds or so :D

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, »
OK,

Above is the list of lights that bill sent me. If you have lights you want added to the config for light normilization then here is the way I am going to handle it.

First you must check this list to insure it has not been sent to me already. (shoud be in the config or in my hands if not) then post a posting saying you have these types of light strings you want to send. (you will send only one string of each type.)

Do not worry about others post unless they are ahead of you sending in the same lights.  If no one is then post them.

I will then pm you when I want you to mail them. You must pay for mailing both ways for them.  I will pm you back when they ship back to you and have you paypal the postage that it cost to me. Make sure I can send them back in the method you send them by tapeing it back up.

I hope to have everyones lights in the config by August.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, »
RJ,

I've got some different ones than Bill listed, but I am not sure how specific you want to be.  I'll just post and you can tell me if you want them or not.

Walmart
100 count mini Red
100 count mini Clear
100 count mini Green

Sams Club
85 count LED Blue

LEDHolidayLighting.com
C9 retro dimmable Red
C9 retro dimmable Green
C9 retro dimmable Clear
G30 retro dimmable Clear
G30 retro dimmable Red
G30 retro dimmable Green
C7 retro dimmable Clear

The LED Holiday Lighting LEDs are all replacement lights for C9 and C7 strings.  You tell me, but if you have a C9 and C7 string available I think I could just send you the lights for those, not necessarily the whole C9 and C7 string.

Ron

Offline prof

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, »
Just a quick thought. How about including the year (of manufacture / purchase of the lights) to the list.
This is going to be more relevant with LED lights as the technology is still evolving and what you purchased from supplier XYZ last year may be different to what becomes available from them this year or next year. Resulting in re calibrations being required. It would be easier to start doing this now while the list is still small rather than later when the list is much larger.

Craig.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, »
I have no lights coming to me at the moment. If you would like to have your lights be sampled and added to the normilization light list please post and let me know. Don't wait until 2 months before thanksgiving to do it as I will not accept lights then and will be busy building my show.

RJ

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, »
RJ... I'm in EU now, but have 2 LED 115V C6 70's waiting in NJ to be mailed to you.  Please advise where to send!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline basis21b

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, »
RJ,

I have received my replacement CDI LEDs.  I have the 70 count strings and have them in red, blue and green.  Let me know if you want them shipped for testing.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom B

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, »
RJ,

I have received my replacement CDI LEDs.  I have the 70 count strings and have them in red, blue and green.  Let me know if you want them shipped for testing.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom if these are the replacements not the new ones yes they will be very different than the ones I have new from them.

I will be happy to sample them for you and send them back. You do have to pay shipping both ways.

PM me if you need my address.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, »
Tom,

You did not send me replacement CDI's. The replacement ones have no plastic bulges in the wire as the electronics are built into the oversized plugs. You have the newer lights from this year and everything prior to lasts year issue.

I am boxing them up and sending them back out. These are the same lights that Bill and I have and are already in the Software.

RJ

Offline basis21b

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, »
RJ,

That is interesting that they were not the replacements, they are what CDI shipped to me as replacements.  I guess I would have been more accurate to state that those were the LEDs shipped to me by CDI as replacement. 

Sorry about that.

Tom
Tom B

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, »
RJ,

That is interesting that they were not the replacements, they are what CDI shipped to me as replacements.  I guess I would have been more accurate to state that those were the LEDs shipped to me by CDI as replacement. 

Sorry about that.

Tom

I am not complianing just wanted you to know he sent you better lights in my opinion.

RJ

Offline basis21b

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, »
Assuming this is still a service that is offered, I have CDI Warm White and Blue Icicle LEDs that I could send.

Tom B