Author Topic: did you know? create a worklight with the manual jumper  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
If you are assembling your Aether II units now, you might be interested in knowing how you can use that Aether II as a worklight the rest of the year.

The worklights cases that I purchase have a push button at the back to turn on the original 500w halogen light.

The PCBs have 2 solder points (holes) that can be used with a jumper/shunt to activate the light -- turning on the white and bypassing the use of the DMX control.

If you run 2 wires from the no longer used switch (used for the original 500w operation) and run those 2 wires to the "Manual" points, then you can then control operation of white whenever you want it!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline tbone321

Theonly thing to be cautious about this is that it is an undocumented feature which simply means that this function can change.  Initially, RJ intended to use this to enable the AetherII to be used as landscape lightng without the need for any DMX signal.  He was going to have it color shifting and possibly control other AetherII's so that they all stay in sync.  I suggested that he give the ability in the configuration utility to allow the user to set what the light does when this feature is enabled but with all of the work he has to do, I believe that development of this feature has been put on the shelf, at least for now.  The origional Aether had a switch that would turn it into a work light but since it was self contained and runs on 120V, that was a useful function.  It's not quite as good with the AehterII since that unit needs a seperate AC transformer to run.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline urthegman

Still, that is awesome!!!! I guess I can throw the extra parts I was holding onto "in case" I was going to switch the enclosures back to work lights!!!! Thanks for the info Steve!