Author Topic: Nutcracker: Gallery enhancement  (Read 3194 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Nutcracker: Gallery enhancement
« on: July 31, 2012, »
The user gallery was getting slower and slower as more people have been using nutcracker.

I have made a number of changes to the gallery
1) Once a day i will walk the directory structure and find all the thumbnail gifs and load them into a database
2) When you go into the gallery now, it shows the list of gifs that are from the database. We no longer walk the directories
3) I am not prompting for how many gifs you want to see, i am showing you all of them
4) You can now select , by clicking the Select box, on any of the 1200 gifs.
5) Now you can rename the effect to have your own name. If you dont pick a name, the effect_name will again default to YYYYMMDDHHMISS
6) You can now add a description.
7) After browsing and selecting from the form, press submit at the bottom of the form. Now every selected gif will be added into your library.

Hopefully this will scale better and be easier to use.

thanks

Here is a snapshot of the new gallery. Not the date shown in the title, that will indicate when i last walked the directory and gathered gifs.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline gsxrgirl7

Re: Nutcracker: Gallery enhancement
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, »
Great!  Thanks Sean!
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller

Offline angus40

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, »

cannot download any of my effects in nutcracker  all return this error.

and it always says 1 channel created .

function make_buff(angus40,338,32_TOPTTOM+MULTI_R_CW,150,5)

Warning:  unlink(workspaces/338/32_TOPTTOM+MULTI_R_CW.gp) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1795

Warning:  unlink(workspaces/338/32_TOPTTOM+MULTI_R_CW_amp.gp) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1796

Warning:  Division by zero in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1888
0 = intval((33.3333333333/0)+0.5);
MaxFrameLoops = 0
5 seconds of animation with a 150 ms frame timing = 33.3333333333 frames of animation

Offline smeighan

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

cannot download any of my effects in nutcracker  all return this error.

and it always says 1 channel created .

function make_buff(angus40,338,32_TOPTTOM+MULTI_R_CW,150,5)

Warning:  unlink(workspaces/338/32_TOPTTOM+MULTI_R_CW.gp) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1795

Warning:  unlink(workspaces/338/32_TOPTTOM+MULTI_R_CW_amp.gp) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1796

Warning:  Division by zero in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1888
0 = intval((33.3333333333/0)+0.5);
MaxFrameLoops = 0
5 seconds of animation with a 150 ms frame timing = 33.3333333333 frames of animation

They create vixen and lms files ok. i am looking into why they are not producing hls files. I should have it fixed later tonight. I have community band practice and boy scouts tonight.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline smeighan

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, »
Ok Richard;

hls export should work now. I had tested vixen and lms after doing some major rework last week, what i did regressed all of the make_xxx routines. I missed testing hls.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, »
WOW, Just looking at all the effects that folks have created is just amazing.  Sean you will be helping make thousands of smiles around the world this year.

Here is a tip for folks.  Use CTRL + (the plus key) to make the page bigger or CTRL - (i.e the minus key) or smaller in most all browsers.  On my widescreen monitor the page spilled off to the right since I keep my default page text size big, but by using ctrl- I was able to bring the right hand side of the page back onto my screen without having to scroll left and right.  Worked great.

I suspect that putting a select button every 100 images might be a nice addition so that we do not have scroll to the end of the page to click select althouth ctrl end will take you to the bottom of the screen.

Jim
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, by jnealand »
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline ric7zz

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, »
When I access gallery of effects by all users, screen keeps flickering as if loading the screen.  Nothing seems to come up.  I get a screen of several blocks with a few lines of info but no graphics.  It sticks on one screen with a constant flickering line toward the bottom of the screen.  I"ve let it run for a while to see if it will load, nothing happens.  Any idea whats wrong?     

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, »
I just tried it and everything is fine.  I am using Chrome browser.  I also tried it using IE9 and all is fine.  Must be something on your system.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, »
When I access gallery of effects by all users, screen keeps flickering as if loading the screen.  Nothing seems to come up.  I get a screen of several blocks with a few lines of info but no graphics.  It sticks on one screen with a constant flickering line toward the bottom of the screen.  I"ve let it run for a while to see if it will load, nothing happens.  Any idea whats wrong?     

The same thing happens when I try to view them as well!
I use windows vista, with IE8.

Julie
Helen Keller

Offline smeighan

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, »

The same thing happens when I try to view them as well!
I use windows vista, with IE8.

Julie
maybe try chorme browser, that fixed another users problem
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, »
Nice work Sean. <res.

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, »
Will do!
Helen Keller

Offline ric7zz

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, »

I tried it on my laptop with IE9 and windows 7.  It loads the screen with a few, but when you scroll down it locks up.  The further you go down it only shows blocks and no grapics then locks up again.  Now prior to this last change to the webpage, I could get the gallery.  I also saved some effects with no problems.  That was on my desktop computer.  It had vista and IE8.  Worked fine then.  As to changing to chrome, I'd rather not.  I don't trust all the addons that come with new ones.  Besides I"m more familiar with windows internet explorer.  Really shouldn't have to change to get something to work that used to.  Are there any computer experts out there that could help?  Chime in please.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, »
I have IE, Chrome, and Firefox all on my desktop system.  Each has issues with different things / sites.  No one is suggesting you switch everything to chrome, just install it and try it with nutcracker only.  We need to know if it will work on your system with another browser or if it still does not work which would mean an underlying system problem.  I find that IE is way to cluttered and easy to get hacked so Chrome is my preferred browser right now.  It used to be Firefox until they started doing updates every 30 minutes or so it seemed.  There is no harm in having multiple browsers on your computer, but you can only make one of them your preferred default.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline smeighan

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, »
I have IE, Chrome, and Firefox all on my desktop system.  Each has issues with different things / sites.  No one is suggesting you switch everything to chrome, just install it and try it with nutcracker only.  We need to know if it will work on your system with another browser or if it still does not work which would mean an underlying system problem.  I find that IE is way to cluttered and easy to get hacked so Chrome is my preferred browser right now.  It used to be Firefox until they started doing updates every 30 minutes or so it seemed.  There is no harm in having multiple browsers on your computer, but you can only make one of them your preferred default.

chrome installs without plugins, you should be safe. i use it because it handles the animated gif's better. I have tested nutcracker on firefox 14, chrome 21, ie 9 and opera 12.

i prefer chrome because it has given me the least problems. it works on ie 9 for me, just takes a long time (4-5 minutes) to load all the gifs.

Do a ctl minus and ctl plus to change size of gifs. i think smaller ones may load quicker.
Sean
Littleton, CO