Author Topic: animated faces  (Read 3731 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
animated faces
« on: August 01, 2012, »
does any one have a "how to" on making the animated faces? I'm new to the diy world and would like to start developing some things for halloween this year. i have been searching but no luck. there is every how to video you can think of for mega trees, mini trees, stars and other wire frames, but can't find one on faces. any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
Re: animated faces
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, »
If you are looking for inspiration etc - David over at holidaycoro.com has video samples of his sequences and even has them for sales - halloween, christmas and 4th of july I think.

I purchased 4 sequences when I got my singing trees from him as starter set.  Hope to make more of my own in the future...

Myk

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, »
It's a bit of work but download a copy of Papagayo (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) and then use a Vixen plug-in (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) to setup the sequence.

edit - - fixed link issue for Papagayo - tx
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, by budude »

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, »
budude, when i click the link for papygo, it shows me a picture of a baby, says server not found. i was able to read the diyc forum post though.

thanks
duane
Florence, KY

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
budude, when i click the link for papygo, it shows me a picture of a baby, says server not found. i was able to read the diyc forum post though.

thanks
duane

Was a good thread on the LOR forum

New video on using the translator program

Bob also posted link to zip file
Here too for convenience
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Papagayo.zip
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, »
It's a bit of work but download a copy of Papagayo You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and then use a Vixen plug-in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to setup the sequence.

See if that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, »
thanks rick, what ever is different on your link worked. now it's time to learn all this stuff. i've been messing around with vixen and i'm watiing on my active hub parts from mouser so that i can start connecting everything and testing. my eyes are starting to hurt from reading off this screen. all going to be worth it though.

Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, »
If you are looking for inspiration etc - David over at holidaycoro.com has video samples of his sequences and even has them for sales - halloween, christmas and 4th of july I think.

I purchased 4 sequences when I got my singing trees from him as starter set.  Hope to make more of my own in the future...

Myk

what are your thoughts on the construction of your singing trees? if the quality is there, the prices for the 4 halloween faces seems really nice. i like the trees for christmas as well.

thanks in advance

duane
Florence, KY

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, »
They are standard coro, folded in half.  My trees are 48x48 - used 2x4s for the frames - once screwed to the frames - they become very ridgid.  The incan lights I used pushed into the holes very firmly and stayed put.

Am happy with them so far....

Myk

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, »
They are standard coro, folded in half.  My trees are 48x48 - used 2x4s for the frames - once screwed to the frames - they become very ridgid.  The incan lights I used pushed into the holes very firmly and stayed put.

Am happy with them so far....

Myk

thank you. not sure what standard coro is but it's time to know. i think i am ordering the faces for halloween and will get the trees for christmas later.

thanks

duane
Florence, KY