Author Topic: Nutcracker: Does anyone have a 2.5 file?  (Read 1303 times)

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Nutcracker: Does anyone have a 2.5 file?
« on: August 02, 2012, »
if someone, who has lsp 2.5, could send me a small  file? I am looking gor something like two rgb strings, do a chase on the first 5-10 pixels. Save as an asq file (no music) and send it to me. I dont have 2.5 but i want to exlore the structure of the new file.

i think i will try and focus on getting a lsp 2.5 file export from nutcracker

Kane, over in auschristmas, has been giving me valuable input for a 2.9 file.
the thread is here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I tried creating a simple one string rgb , no music and exported it as asq in lsp 2.0
i then just tried to unzip it and rezip it back. lsp would no load the file. Kane, found the problem.

I figured I'd take the plunge and switch my tool over to support the 2.5 file format, and all went well until I tried to save the file again.   It seems that LSP cant read in my zip archive.    I've emailed David to ask about it, so hopefully I'll get a reply when he gets back from holidays...

Doing a bit more testing tonight, if I unzip a .msq file, and rezip it (without modifying it), LSP fails to open up the file, which lines up with LL's test results.     I've tried zipping up with my .NET libraries, with WinZip, WinRar and 7-Zip, and none of them are able to be loaded by LSP.  (Interestingly, all 4 of these end up with different file sizes when zipping up the same files)

Once I get past this issue, I think it'll be relatively straightforward to apply the .hlsnc data to a sequence.

i suggested he take the hls file i produce (This is the simplest output of the four sequences i support : vixen, lor,lsp,hls)

he got it to work!

Okay, worked out the zip file issue.    After a lot of experimenting, and delving into the innerds of zip files, it seems as though LSP requires particular comments to be stored against each file in the zip archive as metadata  ("LightShow Pro Light Sequence" against the whole zip archive, "Sequence" against the sequence file, and "Controller" against each controller file)  So if I add these in, I'm able to get my exported .msq file to load up in LSP.

So I've written a quick and dirty import procedure, and tested it using a 10 second nutcracker animation - a matrix of 18x36 (648 channels).     My tool took several minutes to load this data in and save the xml, but it worked eventually.   Will have to look at more efficient ways of manipulating the xml.

I'm not 100% sure if the effects in LSP line up with what nutcracker produced, but will experiment more with that when I get a chance.

The resulting .msq file was around 2Mb, and uncompressed it was around 60Mb, so I can see issues popping up here - if you had 2000 rgb channels and 3 minutes of nutcracker effects, you'd be looking at around a 3-4GB file, and I have no idea if LSP could handle that..

I kane could make a tool that will take a nutcracker hls file and produce a lsp asq file, all of you lsp users would be happy.

I would be happy ....

the saga continues ..

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

dandyman

Re: Nutcracker: Does anyone have a 2.5 file?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, »
WOW !!

That would be GREAT !!

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, »
Awesome can't wait until you can get LSP figured out along with Arch/Straight lines (gutters)

Thanks for your hard work.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Awesome can't wait until you can get LSP figured out along with Arch/Straight lines (gutters)

Thanks for your hard work.

To keep you all posted, there is a promising thread from auschristmas user mschell:

"Here's another thot.

LSP has a "pattern" repository that allows folks to store frequently used patterns in a library.  I believe this is stored outside the sequences, but in an XML or similar file that resides in the binary directory.

So how about coming up with a way to modify the pattern library to add Nutcracker effects.

It's still somewhat channel specific, but then just about any of the patterns would be as well."

My answer
"I see the patterns are stored in the file UserPatterns.xml.  This file is much simpler, i will pursue this and see what i come up with,"

This is the most hopeful i have been to getting a solution for LSP.

fingers crossed. ...
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, »
Nothing like a glimmer of hope just as I am getting ready to program my flexible strips which are the last element on each of my 20 sequences.