Author Topic: problem with xLights and converted LMS from LSP  (Read 2981 times)

Offline jaywalk101

Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem?  I'm using e681 controllers, and everything works fine within LSP and xLights tester.  But when i play a converted LSP sequence to LMS file, the pixels are turning on properly, but when the addressed channels are turned off, the pixels will dim very faintly until that channel is turned back on.  Anyone have any ideas?  Hopefully my post makes sense. 

Thanks!

Offline rm357

problem with xLights and converted LMS from LSP
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, »
In LSP, make sure the off is really off - a value of zero...
It seems like someone else was concerned about the transitions not going all the way to off...

Also out of curiosity, what type nodes are you using with the e681?
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline jaywalk101

Re: problem with xLights and converted LMS from LSP
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, »
I'm mainly using 6803 and ws2811 pixels..  the same problem is occurring on both types.   The pixels have been working fine in Vixen, LSP, and even the xLights tester utility..  the weird dimming issue only occurs when playing the converted LMS sequence through xLights...    I'll try to verify the channels are completely off and see what happens tonight.   Thanks!

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, »
With RGB in LSP even though it shows off the effect inside the sequence may still have a 1% setting. Also Ramp downs only ramp down to 10%. You can right click on an area and look at the properties to see what the minimum intensity is set to be, should be 0.

Offline jaywalk101

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, »
yep, thats what it was... replaced all instances of (intensity="1") with (intensity="0") and this solved that problem.  Thanks!  Couldn't figure out a way to set the intensity level in LSP to default to "0".  It always defaults back to "1" when you try changing it.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, »
So how did you finally do it?

Offline jaywalk101

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, »
I had to open the converted LMS file made from LSP into Notepad and replaced all the instances of intensity="1" with intensity "0".   That solved the problem..  but now I'm trying to get this LSP gui issue resolved with Nutcracker patterns and I'll be all set.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, »
So you open with notepad, change all the instances of intensity="1" with intensity "0" save and just close notepad?

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, »
Yes, make sure you rename your modified file to something else. Just in case you make a mistake, you will still have the original to work with.

A better program and much much faster to do this in Notepad++. It only takes a few seconds to change 1000+ lines and not minutes with Notepad.

2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, »
Many Thanks Dennis!!!

Offline urthegman

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, »
Hmmm, Just opened files in Notepad++ and all .msq files that were converted to.lms files had the intensity = "0", maybe this was resolved in the latest 2.0 release of LSP????

Offline keitha43

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, »
I had heard it was fixed with one of the last versions but when you experienced it I assumed I was remembering it wrong.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
yep, thats what it was... replaced all instances of (intensity="1") with (intensity="0") and this solved that problem.  Thanks!  Couldn't figure out a way to set the intensity level in LSP to default to "0".  It always defaults back to "1" when you try changing it.

I seem to recall reading that in LSP you should not use RAMPS for RGB nodes you should use an RGB on transition where the start color is whatever you want to show and the end color is BLACK.

2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline keitha43

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, »
I know LOR said that I don't remember if LSP also said that. I prefer ramps as it is easier to see where the fades start and stop. The other way you have to hoover the mouse to see if it shows an intensity above 0 that you can't see just by looking at the color. It still look black even though there is an intensity there. And my nodes come on at 1%.