Author Topic: Nutcracker: Yeah!! I have a solution for LSP  (Read 8337 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
It works!!

I just pasted 1000 channels of a Nutcracker Spiral into LSP 2.0, paste took < 8 seconds

I had not decided on what sequencer i would use, now i think it will be LSP (I bought it last january, just have never used it).

:) :)

ok, make_lsp.php is released so people can try it.

1) Create effects as normal, select lsp to create an output xml file
2) Right click the file that is created and store it on top of your UserPatterns.xml file. If you use patterns, make a copy first.
on my windows 7 box, this file is found here
c: => Programs (86) => GraphXPros => LSP Sequencer => UserPatterns.xml

3) Launch LSP, open a sequence that has rgb channels.
4) On the left menu bar, select Patterns. You will see a group named Nutcracker. Below that will be your nutcracker effect you just created. My patter was called AA+BARBERPOLE_180
5)Drag and drop this effect onto your timeline.

All of this is beta, please give me feedback.

I am not sure what value i should be using for the gui id. I made a pattern and then copied the value that was from my desktop.

Here follow a sample of a UserPatterns.xml file. The part in red is my question.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ArrayOfPattern xmlns:xsi="You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login" xmlns:xsd="You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login">
  <Pattern>
 <GroupName>Nutcracker</GroupName>
    <Name>AA+BARBERPOLE_180</Name>
    <Image>
      <Width>99999</Width>
      <Height>140</Height>
    </Image>
    <Tracks>
      <Track>
        <TrackGuid>60cc0c76-f458-4e67-abb4-5d56a9c1d97c</TrackGuid>
        <IsHidden>false</IsHidden>
        <IsPrimaryTrack>false</IsPrimaryTrack>
        <TrackColorName>Gainsboro</TrackColorName>
        <TrackColorARGB>-2302756</TrackColorARGB>
        <TrackID>0</TrackID>
        <TrackType>0</TrackType>
        <WiiMapping inv="0" ibn="" inbn="" ani="0" ain="" hty="-1" fed="0" wind="-1" wibt="0" cint="False" ceff="False" hefsd="True" lef="3" lefl="1" intb="0" efd="0" />
        <Name />
        <Intervals>
            <TimeInterval eff="3" dat="&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;utf-16&quot;?&gt;&#xD;&#xA;&lt;ec&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;in&gt;100&lt;/in&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;out&gt;100&lt;/out&gt;&#xD;&#xA;&lt;/ec&gt;" gui="{DA98BD5D-9C00-40fe-A11C-AD3242573443}" in="100" out="100" pos="50000" sin="-1" att="0" bst="0" ben="0" />
            <TimeInterval eff="3" dat="&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;utf-16&quot;?&gt;&#xD;&#xA;&lt;ec&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;in&gt;100&lt;/in&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;out&gt;100&lt;/out&gt;&#xD;&#xA;&lt;/ec&gt;" gui="{DA98BD5D-9C00-40fe-A11C-AD3242573443}" in="100" out="100" pos="100000" sin="-1" att="0" bst="0" ben="0" />
            <TimeInterval eff="3" dat="&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;utf-16&quot;?&gt;&#xD;&#xA;&lt;ec&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;in&gt;100&lt;/in&gt;&#xD;&#xA;  &lt;out&gt;100&lt;/out&gt;&#xD;&#xA;&lt;/ec&gt;" gui="{DA98BD5D-9C00-40fe-A11C-AD3242573443}" in="100" out="100" pos="150000" sin="-1" att="0" bst="16713925" ben="16713925" />

if it turns out we need this to be custom, i will have to prompt for each of your gui values.

we will see

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline thestig

Re: Nutcracker: Yeah!! I have a solution for LSP
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, »
Glad to hear you got things working. I would love to use lsp but can't spend the money on software this year. Too much money into smart strings. Thank you for all of the hard work.

Offline AverageJoeTX

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, »
Woooo hooo, congratulations Sean!!!!! And thank you for all the work and time you've devoted to this project of yours for all our blinky benefit. Can't wait to see all the kids jaws drop this season.
Joe Glenn (West Tawakoni, TX)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, »
Great job, Sean!
I hope to try this out soon!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline akonkman

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, »
Awesome news!  I've been watching patiently, hoping there would be an easy Nutcracker to LSP interface.  Can't wait to try it out!   <res.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, »
Sean, I will test this out on my matrix today and I will report back so you can figure out if you will have to prompt for each of our gui values. Thanks for your hard work and persistence, George

Offline animal

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, »
Ok here's what I did. Please understand I'm not a coder. I was able to creat and replace my user pattern (after I backed up the original) with the N.C. pattern I created. Opened up my mega tree test sequence and their it is in the pattern colum. Click on it and drag it over to a time line, and it takes a second or 2 to apear then excitment comes over you. The window for paste option comes up and you hit paste. It goes thru the optimization then Bam!!!!! Blank. It dosen't Take. It's there during the optimizeing, but after that it blanks out.

animal

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, »
Awesome I'll give it a try tonight and let you know.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline animal

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, »
Hey twooly,
   it didn't work for me.

Offline animal

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, »
Hey twooly,
   it didn't work for me.

Ok update!!!!!!!!!!
 I tried it again and it work to some extent. It is very touchy to the mouse buttons. I needed to drag it over, wait for it to apear, then keep dragging it to the time line and release quickly, wait for the paste window and paste it with clipboard only. Only there is an issue. It will retint your grid in the pattern to black. In saying this. This is a great break thru. I think some tweeking will be needed. You can save the pattern then delete the original then back it up and create a new one. That's where it might need tweeking. How to save the pattern. Here's a picture. 4 strand spiral in red. and video. Not a great video. Just to show it works.

animal
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, by animal »

Offline smeighan

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, »
yep, i think the secret is waiting until you see the color pattern show up before trying to paste. it took 2-3 seconds on my 2400 channel buttrefly

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline animal

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, »
Hi Smeighan,
      Great Job!!!!!

There's got to be away to save the pattern with out copying over the userpatternxml all the time,

animal

Offline urthegman

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, »
Thanks Animal, I am about to try this right after I take my own advice to back up, back up, back up all my lighting files!!! Should I backup the pattern file after each new pattern and rename the file like I do for sequences?  For example: UserPatterns1, UserPatterns2, UserPatterns3 etc.,etc. ????

Offline smeighan

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, »
I would keep your original pattern file

UserPatterns.xml.orig

Then save my files in the directory as they are currently named

AA+TEXT1.xm
AA_BARBERPOLE.xm
.etc.

In this case my tree target was called AA

Now when you want to paste one of your nutcracker effects

copy AA+TEXT1.xm onto UserPatterns.xml and go into lsp to paste this effect
exit lsp
pick another effect
copy AA+BARBERPOLE.xm ontp UserPatterns.cml
go back into lsp and paste this effect
exit lsp

if you copy over the Patterns file while you are in LSP, there doesnt seem to be a way to make lsp re-read the patterns file to pick up the changes. This is why you would need to exit and re-enter.

If we get a tool that would put all of these effects into the patterns file, maybe problem goes away. I am a little concerned though what would happen if you had 10 nutcracker effects in the patterns file, each 2400 channels. Can LSP handle this?

ill test this out
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, »
once a pattern is applied to a sequence, are the contents of the pattern file used anymore? 

i wonder if creating one sequence with a spiral... saving it, then creating a new sequence with a butterfly... saving it, etc. etc.  -- would that cause any impact on the first sequence?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro