Author Topic: Nutcracker: Yeah!! I have a solution for LSP  (Read 8335 times)

Offline animal

Re: Nutcracker: Yeah!! I have a solution for LSP
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
hm..  I cant get it to stick - I see it when i go to apply the user pattern, move to the cell I want to start, and release and its gone.....

I have tried both gui versions...

Not sure what I am doing wrong...

Myk

When the paste option comes up, use clip board timmings only. You might have to set that first and then try it again. That's the way I got it to work.

animal

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2012, »
still cant get it to work, I hold and see the preview, but as soon as i let go of the mouse button, the preview goes away and the past button comes up, am using clipboard times.  It is doing something as it becomes non responsive for a bit when i tell it to past, but then nothing ever shows up...

Myk

Offline animal

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2012, »
still cant get it to work, I hold and see the preview, but as soon as i let go of the mouse button, the preview goes away and the past button comes up, am using clipboard times.  It is doing something as it becomes non responsive for a bit when i tell it to past, but then nothing ever shows up...

Myk
Hi Myk,

The same thing happens to me. It's still a little flaky. Try not to go over the time line your dragging it to. Release the mouse button quickly, if it diapears after you release. The paste option still should appear. Make sure clipboard timmings is the only thing checked, and hit cancel. Try it again. It should take. This is the only way I was able to get it to work.  ;) Window 7 64bit, quad amd 3.7, 16g memory.

animal

Offline urthegman

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2012, »
Myk, did you try zooming in and out?I'm wondering if it could be a file size issue I just tried a barber pole effect that I couldn't load using 10 second timing at 8 second timing and it loaded. I also changed the frame delay from 20 to 30 so I can't pinpoint which of these made it stick. Also when I paste it, it is going across the whole 2 minute sequence. And I could be mistaken but no matter what I make the speed it seems to move at the same rate unless I change the playback rate in LSP and that only makes the "sequence" freeze. What should make the effect move faster, a 30ms frame delay or a 100 ms frame delay? George

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2012, »
it could be size, it is a 170mb mega tree effect - 8100 channels

Myk

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2012, »
Myk, did you try zooming in and out?I'm wondering if it could be a file size issue I just tried a barber pole effect that I couldn't load using 10 second timing at 8 second timing and it loaded. I also changed the frame delay from 20 to 30 so I can't pinpoint which of these made it stick. Also when I paste it, it is going across the whole 2 minute sequence. And I could be mistaken but no matter what I make the speed it seems to move at the same rate unless I change the playback rate in LSP and that only makes the "sequence" freeze. What should make the effect move faster, a 30ms frame delay or a 100 ms frame delay? George

30ms frame == 33 frams per second
100ms frame = 10 frames per second

i would not go below 50ms frame timing (20 frames per second). most of my nutcracker animations i do at 100ms timings
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

dandyman

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2012, »
I just tried it w/the latest version of LSP V2.0... WORKS PERFECTLY !!!!

Thanks, Sean !!

This is absolutely GREAT !!! I'm going back to the web page and make a donation !!!

Dan

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2012, »
I give up, I cant reliability get it to past into the sequence - dont know what i am doing wrong...

I would play with it more if I didnt take so long to download stuff over and over - tried installing to local computer, but install.php fails on the ftp manefist transfer.....

Myk

dandyman

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2012, »
I'm still using XP, SP3, so it may be a little different; and it's twitchy trying to paste it into the sequence... Sometimes, for the larger file (I'm playing with a little over 5700 channels for one 'Nutcracker')... It takes 4-6 tries to get it to 'stick' in LSP (latest version of V 2.0).

Also, I found that I need to use the first version of the XML file on one computer, and the second version of the XML file for another computer (one is an intel chip and the other is an AMD chip... Don't know if that has anything to do with anything)...

If it shows-up in the sequence and then disappears immediately after I tell it to paste, I try it again, but move it just a little to the right or left... I haven't found the exact spot to get it to paste reliably... But eventually, it will paste...

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2012, »
Am hoping Sean will eventually be able to make a native LSP file so this is not so difficult :(

Dunno why David is so hesitant to provide file structure - it will only make more people want to use his software....

Myk

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2012, »
Because LSP is doing something similar in the upcoming release.

That being said some people will probably want to use both methods in their sequencing.

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2012, »
if that is the case, I expect the userpatterns hack will be killed when 2.5 comes out..... :(

Myk

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2012, »
Yes, LSP 2.5 will make changes to the sequences. I am not sure what all it does to the support files but I think there are some changes, but a good programmer should be able to decipher those.  :)

Offline smeighan

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2012, »
I give up, I cant reliability get it to past into the sequence - dont know what i am doing wrong...

I would play with it more if I didnt take so long to download stuff over and over - tried installing to local computer, but install.php fails on the ftp manefist transfer.....

Myk

Installing a local copy of nutcracker will not help. It will just produce the exact UserPatterns.xml file.

This must be something in the file i make and your lsp setup. I logged in as you in nutcracker as mycroft  and downloaded a UserPatterns.xml file made up of your two effects. I was able to paste the data into my lsp with no issues.

i have made three videos to describe this. Video #1 and #2 show me logged in as mycroft and creating a UserPatterns.xml file. This 200mbyte file i download and paste oe of your effects into my LSP 2.0, your effect pasted fine.
in video 3 i give a suggestion of how we might troubleshoot why it doesnt work on your system.

Video#1: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Video#2: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Video#3: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I do suggest you make another target . Instead of 27x100 mtree, make a 12x50 tree that is only 2-3 seconds long.
Remember my effects are target agnostic so just select the new target and pick one of your existing effects.

This way the file downloads will be smaller. Use these smaller files until we get the format corrected.

Each of your current effects is producing a 100mbyte file.

your 27x100 tree is 8100 channels. you have 80ms frame timing or 12.5 frames/second. So each second you have 101250 bytes of data. You have a 10 second duration effect,  so you have 1,012,500 bytes in each effect. You have two of them. The xml format is using almost 100 bytes for each byte of information. This is yielding the 100mbyte xml file for your 10 second animation.

welcome to large rgb mega-trees.
For your 27x100 tree times 3 minutes = 18,225,000 actual bytes with the xml overhead a 3 minute sequence could be 1-2 gigs.

i believe all of the sequencers should have a binary form of the data so it can be more like a 20mbyte file for 3 minutes.

oh well, if wishes were fishes ...

thanks

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline smeighan

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2012, »
if that is the case, I expect the userpatterns hack will be killed when 2.5 comes out..... :(

Myk

i expect there is a UserPatterns.xml file in 2.5 (waiting for someone to send me a small one), they are probably both xml. I will produce
1) LSP 2.0 UserPatterns.xml
2) LSP 2.5 UserPatterns.xml

since these work for me and most people, i have no plans on making a native msq/asq file. The msq/asq files is probably 20-30 times more complex than the Userpatterns.xml format. There is NO documentation for the msq/asq file. I have reverse engineered vixen, lor and now lsp. lsp was the hardest.

To make a asq/msq i have to also include controllers and other things. This would require me to prompt for stuff in nutcracker. I like the patterns file because you can just paste on to whatever controller you currently have. If I have to make a msq file  I have to create 7zip files with certain comments attached to the zip file or LSP wont read them. I also cant get a 7zip program on my meighan.net server. This means you would have to download an unzipped file (think 10 times larger than the current UserPatterns.xml file). Then you would need to zip them and the you could read them.

i have struggled with lsp for 3 months. Until UserPatterns came up i didnt think i would be able to have a lsp solution.

Try what i suggested in video#3, maybe we can get your downloads working...

thanks

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO