Author Topic: question about the pixelnet data output from a EtherDongle  (Read 2115 times)

Offline JerryPlak

have an question about the pixelnet data output from a EtherDongle
if you look at my drawing I looking two area of my display

can I use a splitter or switch for pixelnet data output at the Orange box ?
or I may have to run about 75' of cat cable from the last hub from area #1 display
to get to area #2 display hub
Jerry Plak

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Use two combiners.

First one where your orange box is in reverse to get seperate outputs of four pixelnet universe Take the forth output and run to area #2 to run that hub on univers #4

Combine the three left back togeter with the second combiner at the same location and tun that cable to area #1 with the three universe intact for the three hubs there.

Make sense?

Also mike is working on a Pixelnet splitter that would be much neater if it is ready and it would just go where your orange box is.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline JerryPlak

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Use two combiners.

First one where your orange box is in reverse to get seperate outputs of four pixelnet universe Take the forth output and run to area #2 to run that hub on univers #4

Combine the three left back togeter with the second combiner at the same location and tun that cable to area #1 with the three universe intact for the three hubs there.

Make sense?

Also mike is working on a Pixelnet splitter that would be much neater if it is ready and it would just go where your orange box is.

RJ

Thanks RJ  8)
Jerry Plak

Offline thestig

Jerry, What software are you using to make those diagrams? It seems like everyone is making these nice diagrams and I have resorting to pencil paper and  a scanner lol.

Grant

Offline JerryPlak

Jerry, What software are you using to make those diagrams? It seems like everyone is making these nice diagrams and I have resorting to pencil paper and  a scanner lol.

Grant
Grant,
I am using OpenOffice Draw  ;D

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, by JerryPlak »
Jerry Plak

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
can I use a splitter or switch for pixelnet data output at the Orange box ?
  A "switch" cannot be used with PixelNet or DMX communication, btw.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro