Author Topic: LSP bought by chinese LED company  (Read 8291 times)

Offline ptone

LSP bought by chinese LED company
« on: August 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Can't say I'm not dubious about what this means for the future of the software...
--
budding channel wrangler

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
Re: LSP bought by chinese LED company
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, »
and I was just about to spend the $150 and upgrade to the 32k version before my year was up....

dunno now

Myk

Offline ebrady

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, »
I wonder if it has something to do with the website forums being broken for some time know and the reason I can not get anyone to answer support requests.

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, »
What is this? Stimulus III?  Ugh.
Leesburg, FL

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, »
Before anybody goes off speculating anything I recommend that we all patiently await the transition.

Not even the Beta group was advised about the purchase. If it was some kind of stock purchase there are a lot of rules and governmental regulations that control when and what can be said during such a transaction. The SEC is not an agencey to mess with.

Hey we buy lights from China all the time.

I'm going to take a wait and see attitude for now.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, »
I wonder if it has something to do with the website forums being broken for some time know and the reason I can not get anyone to answer support requests.
REALLY??????

Offline urthegman

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, »
WOW!!! Talk about the rug being pulled out from under you!!!!!!! While I am EXTREMELY happy for David, this really S***S (can I say that here?) for us LSP and DIY users!!!!!

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, »
That would explain why he pulled the sale, Just would have been nice to explain it to everyone

Offline ebrady

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, »
REALLY??????

Yep, 2 weeks trying to get into the support area of the forum and three e-mails sent directly with no reply. My web account is can not access areas of the site now (it had no problems in the past).  Someone did resend the activation code I already had after the second e-mail.  But no offer of support yet...   This is a definite change from my experience in the past, which was ALWAYS positive. It likely has nothing to do with the buyout, but I can tell the that something has definitely changed.

All in all, I am happy for David, as he built a successful product that has been a benefit to us all and think he should be praised for his contribution to our hobby.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, »
Minleon makes most of the dimmable retrofit c9,s and c7's our vendors use. I saw a test strand of an rgb string running at the Academy made by Minleon I believe.

Offline animal

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, »
Before anybody goes off speculating anything I recommend that we all patiently await the transition.

Not even the Beta group was advised about the purchase. If it was some kind of stock purchase there are a lot of rules and governmental regulations that control when and what can be said during such a transaction. The SEC is not an agencey to mess with.

Agreed!!!!!!!
      Let this play out.( quote of the week  <fp.) It's business. I hope the support for the flexibility of protocol's will continue and not become a prioritized software. If the support stays in place. Support will go up and this may all work out for the better for everyone. Congradulations David!!!!!  <res.

animal

Offline Charleene Glenn

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, »
Congratulations David!

West Tawakoni, TX

Offline urthegman

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, »
REALLY??????

Yep, 2 weeks trying to get into the support area of the forum and three e-mails sent directly with no reply. My web account is can not access areas of the site now (it had no problems in the past).  Someone did resend the activation code I already had after the second e-mail.  But no offer of support yet...   This is a definite change from my experience in the past, which was ALWAYS positive. It likely has nothing to do with the buyout, but I can tell the that something has definitely changed.

All in all, I am happy for David, as he built a successful product that has been a benefit to us all and think he should be praised for his contribution to our hobby.
Support for??????

Offline urthegman

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, »

Agreed!!!!!!!
      Let this play out.( quote of the week  <fp.) It's business. I hope the support for the flexibility of protocol's will continue and not become a prioritized software. If the support stays in place. Support will go up and this may all work out for the better for everyone. Congradulations David!!!!!  <res.

animal
Sorry, I certainly hope I am wrong on this, but I can't see a company that makes LED lighting and products(controllers!) being user friendly toward DIY equipment that mainly uses another manufacturers lighting products. It may work out that we have a new supplier of product, but I just don't know about that..........   
George
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, by urthegman »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, »
+1

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying