Author Topic: LSP bought by chinese LED company  (Read 8281 times)

Offline MrChristmas2000

Re: LSP bought by chinese LED company
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, »
urthegman,

I can only hope you are correct on the additional supplier, perhaps competition will push prices on RGB lights down some.

It will just depend what role David continues to play in LSP.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
+1

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
WOW! To be plus oned by RJ, is like receiving the highest honor EVERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D LOL

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, »
I think we need to wait and see what their plans are. The questions like who will be the creative person going forward will probably be made clearer.

As an aside, i was contacted by this company two months ago. They wanted to talk about taking Nutcracker and using it to make effects for something that i would describe as a Mr Christmas II. It was not a very good match and i politely declined.

David was the visionary and architect for LSP. He was missing the group whose job is to increase stability and improve response time to tickets. Maybe this will work out for better. If this company invests some programming dollars.

just need to wait and see.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, »
Minleon makes most of the dimmable retrofit c9,s and c7's our vendors use. I saw a test strand of an rgb string running at the Academy made by Minleon I believe.

Yes, Keith that was from Minleon. Talked to Jeff T about them, cost was around $300 for the string of 100, I think. Nice for a roof border but the spacing was to long for mega tree.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, »
Got this back....

Hi - thank you for the correspondance of below. We at Minleon look forward working with you and the other users of LSP. Please be assured that all licenses, upgrade periods, and the like will remain in tact as the business transitions to Minleon, that is Minleon has made a full committment to honor all existing obligations of LSP as they relate to user contracts. Regarding V2.5, the transition of ownership to Minleon will not delay its release, please stand by for further information as we progress towards its release. THX Dean, Minleon USA.

> Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 02:00:15 -0600
> From: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
> To: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
> Subject: License
>
> I am a current registered user of LightShow Pro V2 - now that this
> company has been sold to you - what is the status of all our licenses,
> and upgrades periods that were purchased from David?

Myk

Offline animal

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, »
Great Myk,
   I just sent this out to them. Waiting for a respose.  <pop..        (all will be good)
animal

Congratulations to your resent acquisition of Light Show Pro. Please understand that I am not affiliated with LSP, but am a avid user and supporter. I hope the future you have planned for this product will continue to support the DIY community by supporting the flexibility with in the protocols and variety of controllers this software supports. I know during this time of transition is critical for you, but if some sort of statement can be communicated even emailed back to me  a statement , so I may share with the DIY format.

Thank you, and again congratulations on your venture,

Bill

Offline urthegman

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, »
I was a little more blunt  ;D. I sent them this: Here is a little information for you as the new owners of LSP, I for one will NOT be forced, persuaded, or tricked into using any of your products just because you are the new owners of the program. If the program even hints at not being able to support any of the current protocols or equipment, I simply will no longer use it. I am not a litigious kind of person, but push me the wrong way and ...........  >:D

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, »
:)  This was my message to them...

To: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Subject: LightShow Pro announcement

I received word today that LightShow Pro was purchased by your company.

As a current customer of LightShow Pro, I look forward to continuing with LSP as my preferred sequencing software.
I have been pleased with the past approach of LSP as a SOFTWARE solution -- which attempts to unify hardware solutions from many vendors.

I have developed software for Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Sun and Microsoft and I have found (in my experience) that software can be a successful product in its own right.  It can help sell hardware by making your hardware products work great with that software... but you are able to bring people to your software and sometimes prevent others from filling this need... by working well with your competitor's hardware as well. 

Best of luck with your purchase!

Steve Gase (DIY hobbiest AND influencer for others coming to the hobby)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline keitha43

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, »
I was a little more blunt  ;D. I sent them this: Here is a little information for you as the new owners of LSP, I for one will NOT be forced, persuaded, or tricked into using any of your products just because you are the new owners of the program. If the program even hints at not being able to support any of the current protocols or equipment, I simply will no longer use it. I am not a litigious kind of person, but push me the wrong way and ...........  >:D
That seems a little harsh until I see any evidence of it occuring. While this is scary, my hope is they will continue supporting us DIYers and it is still too early to assume they wont. Perhaps this could be the reason David had to drop out of the Academy but wasn't allowed to explain why. Non-disclosures and such.

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, »
I hope they stand behind all of LSP's purchase agreements and don't screw us on updates, additional charges, etc.

Good time for LOR to step up to the plate.
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline animal

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, »
Ok guys. Here's the response. Don't for get to start at the bottom.

animal  <rtt..

Dean,
   Thank you for the support.
                      Bill

Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:59 AM
Subject: RE: Light Show Pro Acquisition

Hi Bill - thank you for the correspondence of below, it is appreciated. We at Minleon look forward working with you and the other users of LSP.

Regarding your items of below, Minleon understands the importance of a 'robust' relationship with the DIY community and does plan on continuing to support the DIY community, including the flexibility with the protocols and the variety of controllers the software supports.

Regarding the 'plans' going forward. David and Minleon plan a 'seemless' transition, including continuing the current v2.5 'beta process' to its previously planned end. The transfer of the business to Minleon will not effect its process, or David's participation thereof. Further, the process will not be delayed. Further, we expect no major changes, operationally or pricing-wise, as we move forward.

In closing, I will be issuing a 'follow-up' statement this evening on the LSP website assuring all current user of this, but please feel free to share with the DIY community immediately as you see fit. And again, thank you for your comments/suggestions!

Dean of Minleon USA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Subject: Light Show Pro Acquisition
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 11:18:47 -0400

Congratulations to your resent acquisition of Light Show Pro. Please understand that I am not affiliated with LSP, but am a avid user and supporter. I hope the future you have planned for this product will continue to support the DIY community by supporting the flexibility with in the protocols and variety of controllers this software supports. I know during this time of transition is critical for you, but if some sort of statement can be communicated even emailed back to me  a statement , so I may share with the DIY format.

Thank you, and again congratulations on your venture,

Bill

Offline urthegman

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, »
That seems a little harsh until I see any evidence of it occuring. While this is scary, my hope is they will continue supporting us DIYers and it is still too early to assume they wont. Perhaps this could be the reason David had to drop out of the Academy but wasn't allowed to explain why. Non-disclosures and such.
My way of saying "Don't even THINK about it" and "Forewarned is Forearmed", in the meantime, I've converted all my .msq files to  .lms files, just in case. And thanks Animal, I can breathe again ::)!!!!

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, »
The response...

Hi Steve - thank you for the correspondence of below, it is valuable and appreciated. We at Minleon look forward working with you and the other users of LSP.

Going forward, Minleon understands the importance of a 'robust' relationship with the DIY community and does plan on continuing to support the DIY community, including the flexibility with the protocols and the variety of controllers the software supports.

Again, THX for the comments, and i look forward in working with you.

Dean of Minleon USA.

:)  This was my message to them...

Subject: LightShow Pro announcement

I received word today that LightShow Pro was purchased by your company.

As a current customer of LightShow Pro, I look forward to continuing with LSP as my preferred sequencing software.
I have been pleased with the past approach of LSP as a SOFTWARE solution -- which attempts to unify hardware solutions from many vendors.

I have developed software for Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Sun and Microsoft and I have found (in my experience) that software can be a successful product in its own right.  It can help sell hardware by making your hardware products work great with that software... but you are able to bring people to your software and sometimes prevent others from filling this need... by working well with your competitor's hardware as well. 

Best of luck with your purchase!

Steve Gase (DIY hobbiest AND influencer for others coming to the hobby)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline tomwb301

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, »
I agree with MrChristmass2000. We should wait to see what will happen. So far lps has produced a good product. And he is right in saying most if not all of the lights we buy are from China.

Who knows, maybe we'll see faster development in the program and give us more to look forward to. The industry is and will change faster then we can sometimes keep up with. Change sometimes is a good thing.
Tom
Humble, Texas

Offline ebrady

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, »
Support for??????

The title of the thread says LSP, so that should give you a clue.... ;D