Author Topic: SS setup with Nutcracker  (Read 794 times)

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
SS setup with Nutcracker
« on: August 08, 2012, »
Okay,  I am being lazy here and not doing a lot of research, but I deserve to be lazy once in awhile, (Yes my wife did just give out a big sigh and roll her eyes),

but Im confused,  So what mode should my Smart strings be programmed to if I want to use nutcracker to make a sequence for me?  I ask because, correct me if Im wrong, but if using Hybrid mode then start channel is not just String 1 pixel 1,   but it is string 1 all red pixels..

Maybe I'm doing this all wrong but what I was thinking of doing was making a sequence for the mega tree with nutcracker.  Copying that sequence and pasting it into my normal sequence of all the other elements in my show.  Using Vixen 2.1. 

Help!!   :o
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, by Freebird »
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
Re: SS setup with Nutcracker
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, »
Standard indv pixel mode.  If you have hybrird setup you will need to use like layers in LSP and not put the 1st 3 channels on that layer so you can easily paste the NC into your show.

I am going to have to do this with a couple of SSC in my show as well....

Myk

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
SS setup with Nutcracker
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, »
I use hybrid, just add 3 more channels to the front of each display item and paste the nutcracker generated stuff in at the 4th channel.

I like having the easy string level color changing on the first three channels and I swear the performance is sometimes faster also ... Or less lag prone. 

It's your call .   I used lor and xlights last year, worked well.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: SS setup with Nutcracker
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, »
If you want to drop the hybrid mode you can use nutcracker to generate a solid color tree.  i have generated several of them such as all blue with sparkles, all red with sparkles, solid red, solid blue etc.  Look in the gallery for examples.  There is also a way to do it using user defined effects which Sean sent me and he indicated it is a more effective way to do.   I would have to go look thru my messages to find that but I recall that it was also posted in another message in the nutcracker section.  Maybe in the initial thread announcing user defined capability.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA