Author Topic: LOR > USB DMX Dongle > LE  (Read 3371 times)

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
LOR > USB DMX Dongle > LE
« on: August 09, 2012, »
Quick question - I am using LOR to drive my shows.  I have my PC attached to my USB Dongle and then to my LE.  The LE is addressed at 132.  I can run the xLights tester and see my LEDs on the board light up, I can run a sequence via Vixen and see things happen, but I cannot do the same from LOR.  I know I am communicating and I know DMX is working.

In LOR I have identified the adapter as it appears when I plug it in (DPB3LH2R) and is set for Universe 1.  I have the correct channels identified in the Channel Configuration (132-147) and I have "Control Lights" checked for playback yet nothing happens.

I know many of you use LOR for your shows and would greatly appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance,
- Mark

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: LOR > USB DMX Dongle > LE
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, »
Have you enabled the DMX in LOR from the control panel ?  I believe there is some background process that must be run in LOR for the DMX to work and is enabled via. the LOR control panel.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, »
Have you enabled the DMX in LOR from the control panel ?  I believe there is some background process that must be run in LOR for the DMX to work and is enabled via. the LOR control panel.

Not seeing anything there.  Just the quick links to get to programs and to schedule shows.  Nothing stating anything about DMX
- Mark

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, »
If you are running S3 here is right from the help file:

The LOR Comm Listener is a program that runs in the background, allowing other programs (such as the Sequence Editor and the Show Player) to control DMX devices.  The Comm Listener must be running in order for those programs to control such devices.

The LOR Comm Listener is automatically started when the LOR Control Panel is started, unless DMX support is not configured (for example if the license level does not support it, or if no DMX listener port is specified in the Sequence Editor's Network Preferences dialog).  Also, it is automatically shut down when the LOR Control Panel is shut down.  So, to make sure that you can control your DMX devices, make sure that the LOR Control Panel is running.

Jeff Squires

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, »
Try converting your LOR sequence to Xlights sequence & see if it works.

Mike

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, »
Thanks Jeff, that was it!!  RTFM  <fp.  Not used to this because you don't have to have the control panel running when using the other.  One question I still have here, is it normal to be one channel off?  My start channel for the LE is 132 but in order to get the first channel to light, I have to program 131 in the software
- Mark

Offline caretaker

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, »
I am not big user of LOR anymore (did most of my original sequences with LOR 1.5) but I seem to remember there was an issue with LOR being one off.  Wait found it....
Jeff Squires

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, »
Thanks again Jeff.  What are you using for your shows today?
- Mark

Offline caretaker

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, »
I am using LSP unless of there is a big problem with 2.5 then I can always fall back to S3 or Vixen......
Jeff Squires

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, »
Awesome - Thanks for the quick responses and the help today.  Much appreciated!!
- Mark

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
LOR > USB DMX Dongle > LE
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, »
I thought they fixed the one off problem in a later version of lor, do you have the latest update installed ?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, »
I thought they fixed the one off problem in a later version of lor, do you have the latest update installed ?

Yes Sir, 3.6.  I noticed this with the MR16 as well.  I cannot use the first port on the board.  I changed the protocol to be Lynx instead of Entec Pro and the LE is operating properly thus far, but the MR16 is off !!
- Mark