Author Topic: Home Depot fixture $5.88  (Read 8140 times)

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Re: Home Depot fixture $5.88
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, »
Yea to small.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline meman

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, »
Just a heads up if you didn't know. I was waiting for a Northern Tool sale to get mine. Fixture itself appears to be identical to the Northern Tool one.  More pleasantly surprised I could find them in stock at my small town's location.

Congrats on the deal....I think "small town" may have been the key to finding these $5 lights. They are closeouts and every location within 70 miles of me has been sold out out of them for a while now.

I have guts for 4 more Aethers built, but no housings yet. The Harbor Freight version seems to be priced way high this year @ $13.99. I can't even bring myself to dish out $9.99 for the Northern Tool...so I'll be waiting for one of them to go on sale. 

Offline zwiller

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, »
Wow.  I guess I lucked out.  Last year I waited a bit and found a $5 off code for Northern Tool near start of light season.  I wasn't planning using my aethers last year but I was happy I did pull it off. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Home Depot fixture $5.88
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, »
It's really hit or miss in my area I have 3 home depots in a 30 mile radius and only one had them but it wasn't in with the rest of them they were stuck in a seasonal area

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, »
I found six here in AZ; only need 5.  I went through the website to order them there, and pick them up in the store.  Hopefully they can find the units by the time I stop by this afternoon.
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline zwiller

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, »
Similar experience.  I would (cringe) call, I was glad I did.  Site showed 1 in stock but there were probably 6 there. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, »
I can't find any in stock, except 2 in this distant city, 2 other is another distant city.  I guess I'll just check the store myself and hope I get lucky.  Whats the cheapest online source for these outside of HD?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, »
I found six here in AZ; only need 5.  I went through the website to order them there, and pick them up in the store.  Hopefully they can find the units by the time I stop by this afternoon.
Home Depot will often have the items -- but will also be unable to find them in the store.  They told me during a similar search 3 months ago that they have these enclosures listed as seasonal items, and therefore they get placed and stored at odd places throughout the store. 

Their inventory may be correct, but they may not find them near the other worklights -- so have them look with the "seasonal" items is my suggestion.

Also, look for stores beyond your extended area.  I found one store in San Antonio had about 64 of these items.  The cost to have them shipped to me, or to a local store was prohibitive -- in the end I paid a little more and went with northern tools.  BUT, you might be able to drive 90 minutes for another activity and find what you are looking for.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, »
The sotre called me and said they did not have them.  I will go in myself and look for them.  If I find them I will buy what they have and let everyone know.  I only need 5 of them.

Lazy employees......

<md..
Mike Hill
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline zwiller

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, »
Although it's nice to save few bucks, it might not be advantageous to everyone to drive 30 miles to store to pick up these fixtures.  For a minute I thought about grabbing the rest for some of you but then I realized shipping would negate the cost advantage. 

I think Northern Tool is next best deal out there ($10).  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  IIRC shipping charges were reasonable and not inflated. 

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, »
I agree.

I considered travelling to SA before the Academy and bringing as many to the Academy as my car would hold...  but I feared that I'd be left with a car load of worklights.  :)

Carrying them through the airport on a return trip, or sending them by mail would not justify the extra couple dollars one might save... IMO.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, »
I found several locations in the Los Angeles area that have these in stock.  I may check a few out next week while out there.
Mike Hill

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, »
They need to ship them out to Texas.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, »
I just noticed that Home Depot website shows these available in stores only (not online).

Do these look like they would work?  They are 500 watt and similar to the others I've seen used.

Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline gatorengineer

• Facebook link
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, »
The HD in Orange Park, FL had 25-50 of them in stock.  I skipped them because it seemed that people where saying they might not work properly.