Author Topic: LSP refuses to run on my desktop  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

LSP refuses to run on my desktop
« on: August 16, 2012, »
I originally purchased V1.7 2 years ago and then purchased the V2.0 upgrade last summer.  At first everything seemed OK but when it came time to run my show last Christmas the software would not generate any output.  Despite much effort I was forced to load the software on a laptop and run it from there (interestingly enough the laptop would not allow me to build sequences but would output them).  Fast foward to now when I am finally going to get around to working on this years sequences.  When launching the program I get the following message:  MS.net framework  There is an unclosed literal string Line 25 position 37.....   followed by line after line of errors.  I have MS.net framework 3.5 on this computer.  I removed the program files and removed the graphxpros directory and then reinstalled the software.  This time the software launched but when I tried to run a sequence the music (and light show) became "stuck" similar to an old phonograph record with a scratch (for those old enough to remember).  The software basically locked up and the only way to exit out was to use the Ctr/Alt/Del command.  I can't believe that everyone is having this much trouble with this software.  I would expect this from shareware but not something I have paid good money for.  I am at the end of my rope and as most of you know am rapidly running out of time to get much done before this Christmas.  Please, please can anyone help me?

Offline rm357

LSP refuses to run on my desktop
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, »
I used xlights as my scheduler.

You have to be careful about which version you use as some are better than others. There is another thread where this has already been discussed in detail last year...

I think part of the problem was that The earlier versions of LSP were not designed with thousands of RGB channels in mind. Last year was the first year of the RGB channel explosion...

However, it looks like version 2.5 has just been released. I have high hopes for the new version as RGB strings seem to be integral to the design.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline tng5737

Re: LSP refuses to run on my desktop
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, »
I think LSP 2.5 needs .NET 4 to run.  If I remember correctly it checks for this while installing.   Have you posted this issue over at the LSP Support forum?  You'll probably have better luck getting this resolved over there.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, »
What OS are you running?  As previously suggested, I would ensure you have .NET Framework 4.0 installed.

LSP 2.5 has an improved scheduler with a better performing engine which should eliminate the lagging issues seen in previous versions.  That said, I know many use LSP to sequence but xLight to actually schedule the show.

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, »
on microsoft's site, you can search for .net checker, they have a util that will check your .net framework and correct anything if needed....

found the link for ya:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

hope that helps....

Myk

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, »
Thanks to all who replied.  I was of the understanding that I needed .NET Framework 3.5.  I need to verfiy that.  I did post on the LSP forum but for some reason their forum only allows me to log on every once in a while.  Not sure what the problem is there.  It seems that LSP and I just don't get along.  I will do some more work and post my outcome ASAP.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, »
It is .net 3.5 for version 2.0. .net 4.0 for version 2.5 of LSP.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, »
So is there a charge to upgrade to V2.5?

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, »
Sorry all.  I jumped the gun asking if the upgrade was free.  I saw the other thread and checked my purchase date.  Thankfully it was in September.  I assume that means my upgrade is free.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, »
Yes, if you haven't received your key yet you should shoot an email to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login