Author Topic: LSP 2.5 Scheduler Problem  (Read 1753 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

LSP 2.5 Scheduler Problem
« on: August 17, 2012, »
I have a similar thread over at Light Show Pro website, but I thought I'd also post here, since the issue I'm seeing might also help folks using LSP 2.5.

So I have installed LSP 2.5 on my Win7 computer. i7 core, 8MBytes RAM.

The sequencer works just fine, had it up and running within a few minutes.

Save the opened sequences and all was working well.

So I then moved to the scheduler.

My set up is Computer ->Router->DLA Etherdongle-> DLA->Smartstring hub->LED Flex Strips
 I selected the correct outputs and configure them, they are set up a (E1.31 DMX OverEthernet) although this gets changed to E1.31 DMX OUTPUT (Not sure why the scheduler thinks it on Zone 1, I didn't think E1.31 has a zone)

The output is shown as configured if I go back to see if it's configured.

Then I bring in a sequence to the scheduler, set up the times etc, after that's done, the sequence starts to play back via sound that I hear.

But no light output at all, and no blinking traffic on the ethernet port (so I don't think the scheduler is outputting and data)

But it does work perfectly in the sequencer.

Any ideas from the BETA testers?

Offline peteandvanessa

Solved ->Re: LSP 2.5 Scheduler Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, »

I did resolve the issue. I un-installed, reboot, re-installed, reboot.

Then I brought in my 2.0 sequences into the Sequencer and saved them out.

Then I brought the new 2.5 sequences into the scheduler, but I set up the outputs MANUALLY.

Then the scheduler worked.

I think is was either install related or related to the Auto set up of the outputs in the Scheduler, switching to manual set up and all is well.

Offline wftxlites

Re: LSP 2.5 Scheduler Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, »
I am about to purchase the LSP 2.5 upgrade and I have a question about the scheduler.

I have LSP 2.0 currently and I had problems with the scheduler. My main issue was that optimised files would not run, so I just used the sequence files. That seemed to work for me just fine and the show ran flawlessly last year. However, it would have been nice if both methods worked. I do not want to spend my money if this is not fixed or have to go thru other issues. I think I saw where folks are having issues with the ETD on 2.5. I would like to use my ETD this year and it seems to work ok for me on 2.0. Although, I do not have have a large number of RGB nodes that some of you do.

So, my questions are does the LSP 2.5 scheduler have the problem described and what is the status on the ETD issue?

Thanks,

Greg

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, »
I'm running LSP 2.5 and the scheduler is broken for me. It will play the sequence files back, but every now and then when the scheduler changes to the next song, the audio plays back but the lights do not. The only way to get them started again is to either restart the scheduler or advance to the next song.

The issue has been logged and they are working on a fix. I don't see any file in my set up that are not regular sequence files.

My Etherdongle is working fine with live output from the sequencer though, and I'm running nearly 5000 channels. I'd hold back on the upgrade to v2.5 until a few of the bugs have been worked out.

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, »
Thanks for the advise. This is just the kind of thing I am worring about. I'm hoping the upgrade for those with 2.0 will remain at the $50 mark for a while.

I realize that David has his hands full and certainly is trying to make this work out for him and the new partners, but something is going to have to change on future upgrades before folks are willing to pay.

Enough of the negative. 2.0 is working for me and I still think it is a really good product, but would like to have the newest features of 2.5 as I plan to go more toward RGB lighting.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, »
I am having a problem outputting with the etherdongle on a really fast effect similar to a knightrider car. David is working on it. It outputted fine in v 2.0.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, »
I would like to hear when someone tests the newest version of LSP2.5 that was just released this past weekend.
On some of the other posts folks seemed to have issues, but I think that is to do with XLights and LOR conversions.
I am also curious about the KnightRider/ETD mentioned in the previous post.
 <pop..

Thanks

Greg

Offline keitha43

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, »
Petenvanessa is still having problems with the scheduler stopping outputting to lights during a show. Even after the last update. On my problem I think a big part of it was I as I created my chase it was creating timings less than the 50 ms RJ recommends for smartstrings.  To get around this I lumped 4 nodes at a time, scooted over 50ms and turned on 4 more. If you add ramp downs my eyes couldn't tell. I appeared as smooth as a true diagonal chase node by node. Since the conductor only transmits at 50ms (I think) I may have to alter a lot of sequences for it. I have lots of timings closer than 50ms especially since I created an rgb megatree last year. Not sure why v2.0 seemed to do the original chase better. Maybe it was my imagination.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, by keitha43 »

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, »
Thanks for the update. I am still skeptical......... :-\ and afraid that if I update to 2.5 that I could not go backward to 2.0 plus be out the $50 that I could spend on something else. Especially, since the software is keyed to a version and my 2.0 is useable/stable.

Hope you get it all straightened out and looking forward to hearing more.  <pop..

Greg

dandyman

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, »
You can still run 2.0 even if you install 2.5... You just have to back-up both licenses and re-load the appropriate license when you open 2.0 or 2.5 and it asks for the license... Only takes a second...

However, 2.0 won't run 2.5 sequences...

Offline peteandvanessa

******Solved: LSP 2.5 Scheduler Problem
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, »
As many of you may know, I've been having issues with the LSP scheduler in v2.5

I've been working with David on a couple of issues with the LSP scheduler and he provided me with a new build yesterday.

I installed the new build on my machine last night. I'm running i7 Quad core, Win7 64 Bit, 8Gig RAM and dedicated Graphics processor.

I loaded four of my most complex sequences into the new scheduler (I'm running about 5000 channels of LED Flexstrip, via Etherdongle, two Active Hubs, plus the Smart string controllers and breaking out two sets of 512 channel DMX from the two hubs. The most complex sequence is a 4 1/4 minute song with a file size of 25Mega Bytes.

I started the run at 5pm last night and scheduled it to run until 9pm.
The CPU utilization when running the scheduler was about 15%, memory useage was 300-600M

The scheduler ran for the full 4 hours, no hiccups, no stuttering, no lag in the lights, no crashes.

Just a solid four hours of playback. Now if all goes well with the wider BETA testing team, we should see another patch release later this week that fixes the scheduler problems that I experienced on the previous release. The release that I had problems with was -> ( v2.5.4620.28612 )

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, »
Great news. Thanks for the update.