Author Topic: Request for LSP 2.5 sequences for xlights conversion alpha testing  (Read 8426 times)

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Hello all,

I am working on a tool to convert directly from a LSP sequence file to xLights format.  Once I have xLights format I can explore also doing conductor format as well.  I am in the early stages but so far the fundamental process looks to be working but I need more peoples sequences to get an idea of how best to handle channel mappings.

Here is what I would be doing with the sequences provided:
using my tools to analyze the controller, channel and zone mapping / layout  ( I can provide you a csv file for verifying your channels in excel)
Converting the sequence to an xseq format.
Provide you with a version of the sequence in xseq file format for testing.

I am looking for 4 to 5 people willing to help out with this effort.  If you are interested please drop me a PM with your personal e-mail address.

Thank You,

Frank

Edit: Should also mention that I am interested in people that are already familiar with xLights and I would be looking for a copy of your xlights_network.xml file as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, by frankr »

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
LSP 2.5 has a export to conductor already.....

Myk

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
ah good to know. Come to think of it that would have been way easier to convert to xLights then the default LSP files.  On the other hand it would not give you any insight into how channels are mapped which I find many users tend to make mistakes on, myself included.

Frank

dandyman

I would be interested...

Email: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline peteandvanessa

Hi Frank,

I willing to help with this also. I've been testing the LSP 2.5 scheduler, and I'm still having issues with the lights stopping randomly during sequence playback. Even with the latest update that was designed to fix the sequence playback issues, I'm still seeing the same issues.
So we do need a fall back position, especially for halloween.
My home email address is in my profile.

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
What latest update?

Myk

Offline keitha43

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What latest update?

Myk

peteandvanessa, Did you report this to David?

Offline jeffcoast

^I went looking for the update earlier today and the update program told me there wasn't one, but then about 10 minutes later it popped up and installed it for me, so maybe it just wasn't active at the time.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline peteandvanessa

What latest update?

Myk

peteandvanessa, Did you report this to David?

Yep, tearing my hair out (and I don't have alot).

The latest fix just released for LSP has not fixed the scheduler issue for me, I'm still having glitches where the lights stop playing back and the audio just plays. The data is being sent, since I can see the ethernet data light flickering on the laptop, router and ether dongle. Just no damn light output sometimes.

If I jump to the next sequence in the scheduler, it usually fixes the problem, sometimes I have to jump forwards 4-5 times, but the lights usually come back on. I'm stumped at the moment. I'm thinking of dropping back to LSP2.0 since the scheduler was working for me, but LSP 2.5 isn't  :-(

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
I was under the impression that the xlights .xseq was the same as conductor format.  Is that incorrect ?

The LSP scheduler has been problematic for some time now, I know David keeps working on it and improving it ...
I'm not sure everyone has problems or just some.

I know a lot of people uses xlights last year because the LSP scheduler stability wasn't good enough.

I used xlights  because I wanted to run LOR sequences with a mix of LOR and Lynx gear. 
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
We all have our own reasons. I personally use a mix of LSP and LOR sequences so xLights becomes an incredibly valuable tool.  Plus, over the years I have never had any amount of decent stability with LSP scheduler. in 2010 I actually switched back to LOR after the scheduler bombed on me...

xLights on the other hand is rock solid.  It can take a little to get it setup properly but once it is setup right it just keeps running.

As the file format they are slightly different.  Conductor uses 1 byte per channel per time unit whereas xLights uses 1 byte per time unit per channel.
OR said another way:

The conductor format is a table of with time units on the rows and channels on the columns while xlights is a table with channels on the rows and time units on the columns (plus xseq has a 512 byte header)

Frank

Offline peteandvanessa

Hi Frank,

Just loaded up the converted “You are a Pirate” sequence into xlights

All the flexstrips are running perfectly (there’s 14 main flexstrips and 8 pumpkin flexstrips), no lag, no delay, just perfect.
There’s about 5000 channels I’m running through the xlights scheduler

The CPU utilization is so low, it doesn’t even register a % (couldn’t believe it at first, had to check a couple of times to make sure)
Memory utilization is ridiculously low at 49MBytes, again barely registering.

Now I also have two 512 DMX channels broken out on the two Hubs (512 channels of DMX on each hub), one of them that
is running the Pumpkin singer is delayed so the singing isn’t in sync, at first I thought it was because they are LED lights
that I used to replace a 100 count incandescent string. So I loaded it with a few incandescent C9’s to bring up the load
a bit. Didn’t work though, still had lag. I need to do some more digging on that issue. <fp.

I didn’t do a long term test, just ran it for 30 mins, but its awesome, just awesome.

Your conversion works 1st time right off the bat, I’m in awe  <res.

I’m going to drop another sequence into the drop box in a moment (it’s the most complex sequence I have), after the conversion
I’ll run it in xlights and see what happens.

Offline sielbear

For more info on this, Frank's magical conversion tool worked beautifully for me as well. Perfect xlights playback every time.  Looking forward to reducing the number of post sequencing steps from 5 to 1!

Offline keitha43

I can't wait! Especially since I won't have a Conductor before my Halloween show. Always good to have backup plans.

Offline peteandvanessa

I pulled the "Bass Hunter" converted sequence from the drop box last night. This is my most complex sequence that I have.

Loaded it up into the xlights scheduler. All the LED Flexstrips responded correctly, with no issues.

The converted sequence still doesn't playback the DMX channels in time with the music, they lag the audio, but I was kinda expecting that, no sure why it's an issue with the DMX channels on my set up.

Good that the LED Flexstrip all respond correctly though!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, by peteandvanessa »