Author Topic: Request for LSP 2.5 sequences for xlights conversion alpha testing  (Read 8405 times)

Offline keitha43

Do they lag also with the LSP scheduler? Just trying to clarify if it is only the xlights conversion that is causing the lag. After all its not even beta yet.

Offline peteandvanessa

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do they lag also with the LSP scheduler? Just trying to clarify if it is only the xlights conversion that is causing the lag. After all its not even beta yet.
Well I have a BETA test build of LSP right now, since the current on-line version on the LSP was an issue for me in the current version of LSP there were no lags, but the light output in the LSP scheduler would sometimes stop when changing from one sequence to another, also occasionally the aduio would "burp" during playback when the scheduler "released" memory (The scheduler slowly increases the amount of memory it uses, once it gets to about 1.3G, it resets the memory usage down to about 400M and during that release of memory is when I get an "Audio burp").

The new BETA test version I have installed, works flawlessly, no lagging, no audio burps and no stopping, both on the Flexstrips and the DMX channels.

I'm sure it's something simple in the file conversion, but I'll have to defer the question to Frank

Offline keitha43

So, What is the latest on this program? Just in case the LSP scheduler starts having problems. At Christmastime I will have a conductor but would like this for Halloween!

Offline urthegman

I would also be interested in a LSP to xlights converter. I don't know if it will be available, should I convert to .lms files first and do the conversion that way?

Offline peteandvanessa

Dont forget that LSP wont export large sequences to lor it will give you a memory exception

Offline urthegman

I will try my largest sequence and see how that goes.

Offline urthegman

It loaded!!!!

Offline peteandvanessa

yipee!

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
So that you all know the impetus for this program.  Alan (Sielbear) and I both use a workflow that breaks songs into multiple smaller segments of 20 seconds each.  We then export those files to lms and subsequently convert them to xseq format and finally stitch them together as a single sequence.  The program that I am finalizing takes a .lms file from lsp 2.5 and converts it directly to xseq.  If you have multiple files it allows you to convert all of them, utilizing as many cpu cores as you have, and then combine them.  This will save Alan and I substantial time.

The conversion process is working well but now I need to clean things up and make them usable for the masses.

Frank

Offline urthegman

Frank, Should I just convert all of my sequences to .lms and then convert them to .xseq files? I have a little over an hour of sequences with video and LSP controlling Madrix effects. I am also hoping I don't have to split them up into 20 second segments, do I???  :o

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Wow those are some impressive stats!.  I am not sure about the video solution with xLights I have never used it.

If your existing sequences can be converted from LSP to LOR than you do not need to worry about the 20 second thing.  We do that because the sequences we generate are huge.

If you want to convert a whole set of individual sequences my app will also allow you to do that.  You can select the files you want to convert and then let it do its work.  No intermediate steps.

Frank

Offline urthegman

Thank you Frank, I'm thinking that since my largest, most complicated sequence loaded, I shouldn't have much trouble with the smaller ones. At least that's my story and I'm sticking with it!!! LOL

Offline urthegman

Frank, The exported LMS files are HUGE!!! Is that going to be a problem or is that normal? I am attaching a side by side of the .lms files compared to the LSP .msq files. Thanks, George 

Offline peteandvanessa

Thats normal mine did too

Offline urthegman

Pete, And were you able to change them to .xseq files?