Author Topic: Request for LSP 2.5 sequences for xlights conversion alpha testing  (Read 8427 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pete, And were you able to change them to .xseq files?

Yes, I exported the LSP 2.5 Files to LOR format (there's one I can't export since LSP will throw a memory exception on the larger sequences as it trys to export). I then took the exported files and posted then to FrankR's dropbox. He then took the files and ran them through his conversion tool and he then posted them back to the dropbox.

I downloaded the files that FrankR converted and loaded them into XLights. All the converted sequences ran great in Xlights (apart from the DMX portion of my sequences, they lagged the music), but as I look at this more, I think the lagging in the lights on the DMX portion might be down to H/W limitations and bandwidth. I don't know that for sure until I test it with the Conductor from the current COOP.

Offline urthegman

Oh, so I can't convert the sequences to .xseq on my own?

Offline peteandvanessa

Oh, so I can't convert the sequences to .xseq on my own?

Not unless FrankR releases the sequence converter code.

Offline urthegman

OOOOHHHHHH, FRAAANNNNNKKKKKKKK................... LOL ;D

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Soon very soon :)

In the meantime drop me a PM and I can convert your sequences and send them back to you as xseq.  For the record I only need the LSP 2.5 file.

Not quite ready to release this code to the world. I have been focused on Alan's use model mostly as it is the more complicated model.  I still need to do a good deal of testing on all this but soon I should be able to release it for all.

Frank

Offline peteandvanessa

Soon very soon :)

In the meantime drop me a PM and I can convert your sequences and send them back to you as xseq.  For the record I only need the LSP 2.5 file.

Not quite ready to release this code to the world. I have been focused on Alan's use model mostly as it is the more complicated model.  I still need to do a good deal of testing on all this but soon I should be able to release it for all.

Frank

Awesome it should help alot of folks with playback. I've just about got the LSP scheduler playing back my sequences reliably. There's a couple that just won't play without light lag. Fast transistions and complicated sequences seem to be the issue, but I haven't nailed down whether it's a S/W issue or something related to H/W throughput.

Theoretically, the Etherdongle should support 16,000 channels, and I'm only pushing about 5000 channels through it, so I'd assume the Etherdongle can handle that easily. Or it might be LSP that's causing the light lag.

I have a conductor from the current COOP coming, so after Halloween I should be able to load it up into the Conductor and see if that makes a difference.

Frank - You planning on putting up lights for Halloween or are you waiting for Christmas?

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
I'll have some simple stuff up for Halloween but it will only be active night of.  Halloween is always a last minute thing for me  :)

If you want to run a full show test on xLights just let me know and I'll convert the sequences in your drop box.

Frank

Offline sielbear

I'm rip-roaring excited for this thing!

With my channel count, 20 seconds of my sequence converted to Lms was 660 MB. It was getting very ugly before frank started working his magic!!

I will also do a Halloween show, but only because the lights will be on the house.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Any chance you could convert 4 sequences for me from LSP 2.5 to xlights or even LSP 2.5 to the conductor format?  Its for my Halloween show and hoping to start soon.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
sure. drop me a PM with your e-mail address and a description of your setup.  I am mainly interested in whether or not you have any traditional LOR controllers configured in your sequence.

Frank

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Awesome, if there is anything I can do let me know

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
I wanted to give a big thanks for Frank I greatly appreciate it (so does my wife giving her computer back to her :) )  I now have my halloween show working in xlights from my LSP 2.5 sequences!

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Great news!  Glad to know that it worked for you. 

My tool works well for me but is still not quite ready for general use. I am hoping to get it to that point within the next couple of weeks.  Looks like the UI will need some re writes to get thigns working the way I expect but it can be done.

Frank

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
If you want me to test anything Ill be glad to help.  Thanks again  <res.

Offline lashbyrn

How is this coming along.  I am dead in the water with the LSP DMX Pro issue.  I need to convert my sequences to xlights but cant export from the Intro LSP version.  This software sounds like what I need.