Author Topic: Etherdongle (EtD) COOP *** Closed for Orders ****  (Read 42422 times)

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: Etherdongle (EtD) COOP *** Closed for Orders ****
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2012, »
Internet is back online and the waters have all but receded.  Big tree removed from road and life is resuming.  Was able to go out and mail the last of the packages today.  I will wait a week before closing this COOP forum down as the last of you receive your packages.  I will send out a feeler to all later in the week for anyone who hasn't received their packages.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2012, »
Great job as always on the coop!!   <res.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2012, »
I have a solution for those who are concerned about the right angle 6-pin bracket and not being able to program without removing the unit from the enclosure.  You can attach an 6-pin extension to the right angle with a ribbon cable using a product such as this one: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  All you would need is a straight 6-pin connector to complete one end of the cable and attach the other to your 90 degree bent 6 pin bracket.  You could leave the cable attached somewhere in the enclosure (secure it so it does not rest on the PCB) or the more intrepid could actually find a way to mount it on the inside of the case.  I, for one, will not be doing this as I find as soon as I get the unit programmed and working, I seldom need to reflash it.  Just wanted to pass along as research I have found as I was asked about this particular challenge.

Kurt
------

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2012, »
you have more important things to worry about. hope all is well with you and your family.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline deplanche

« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have a solution for those who are concerned about the right angle 6-pin bracket and not being able to program without removing the unit from the enclosure.  You can attach an 6-pin extension to the right angle with a ribbon cable using a product such as this one: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  All you would need is a straight 6-pin connector to complete one end of the cable and attach the other to your 90 degree bent 6 pin bracket.  You could leave the cable attached somewhere in the enclosure (secure it so it does not rest on the PCB) or the more intrepid could actually find a way to mount it on the inside of the case.  I, for one, will not be doing this as I find as soon as I get the unit programmed and working, I seldom need to reflash it.  Just wanted to pass along as research I have found as I was asked about this particular challenge.

Kurt

If you get your Pickit 3 with the adpater ZIF kit from J1sys on ebay (a popular seller of these), it comes with one of these 6 pin calbes.

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #260 on: November 01, 2012, »
you have more important things to worry about. hope all is well with you and your family.

duane
We weathered the storm just fine.  Our power was out about half a day which is much better than most.  The biggest hassle was the large tree that decided to sleep in the road leading out from my house.  Good news is that each neighbor has a nice cord of firewood for the winter now.  We did just fine compared to others.  The water did come up the back yard but did not make it all the way to basement walk-out, so we were okay.  Life has returned to normal in our neighborhood.

Kurt
------

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #261 on: November 01, 2012, »

duane
We weathered the storm just fine.  Our power was out about half a day which is much better than most.  The biggest hassle was the large tree that decided to sleep in the road leading out from my house.  Good news is that each neighbor has a nice cord of firewood for the winter now.  We did just fine compared to others.  The water did come up the back yard but did not make it all the way to basement walk-out, so we were okay.  Life has returned to normal in our neighborhood.

Kurt

glad to hear kurt. ironically, 5 minutes after i posted, i received my ED. now hopefully some one will come off an extra conductor. i missed the lightening fast coop. stay safe kurt, hope your still able to do your christmas show even though i know your mind is elswhere.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #262 on: November 01, 2012, »

duane

Kurt

glad to hear kurt. ironically, 5 minutes after i posted, i received my ED. now hopefully some one will come off an extra conductor. i missed the lightening fast coop. stay safe kurt, hope your still able to do your christmas show even though i know your mind is elswhere.

duane

The only damage was not being able to do my Halloween show (was going to show off my three triaxial talking skulls this year).  I guess I will just have to redress those talking skulls into elves or something! LOL.  I have a feeling (due to major time commitments through December) my show is going to be very light this year.  Just means my next year's show will be bigger than ever! *smile*

Kurt
------

dandyman

« Reply #263 on: November 01, 2012, »
Got my EtD when I got back from vacation... Put it together, programmed the pic and tried it... Worked first time (unlike the issue [totally MY fault] I had w/my first EtD)...

Thanks, Kurt, for all your efforts !!!

Dan (dandyman)

Offline tallan

• Christmas with the Allans
« Reply #264 on: November 02, 2012, »
Thanks Kurt for everything, I got the package yesterday.

Glad to hear you weathered the storm, I was not expecting the package to arrive so soon!

Ted

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
« Reply #265 on: November 03, 2012, »
thanks came in the mail today

Offline gatorengineer

• Facebook link
« Reply #266 on: November 04, 2012, »
Just to be clear, the ICSP header is now bent and I would assume (bad thing to do) based previous conversation the pins should point outwards on the board and no to the inside of the board. 

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: November 04, 2012, »
Greetings,,,

Yes, to access it when the other board is attached.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline gatorengineer

• Facebook link
« Reply #268 on: November 04, 2012, »
And just to say it another way for those that come behind me, the short pins should be soldiered.  The longer bent pins should hangover the 4.7k resistor just above the ICSP.

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #269 on: November 04, 2012, »
gatoreng,

yes.  This is correct.

Kurt
------