Author Topic: Setting up V2.5  (Read 928 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Setting up V2.5
« on: August 25, 2012, »
OK I am going to try and set this Version up right from the beginning and would like some suggestions on what is the best way here is my set up also this might help others that are starting out so all yall LSP Experts please chime in.

1 - 512 = DMX CHANNELS
                          513 -  ? = pixelnet
           all this is on universe 1
 how do you set up your controllers ( DMX do you set up layer controllers for say all RED channels and GREEN channels or individule elements )
SmartStrings - I have not got a clue

I have been playing with V2.0 for awhile and now have the New key for V2.5 and before I install it I thought I would get some suggestions on what I need to keep from V2.0 because I know when I install V2.5 I will not be able to use V2.0 I have read ALL the post on LSP and here And suggestions are to copy you old key but no one has said how or where has some one done a step by step how to
Jeff

Offline keitha43

Re: Setting up V2.5
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, »
In my case I have LOR controllers running in DMX mode so I have controllers set up as 16 channel controllers for those strarting at channel 1. After all my LOR I have my RGB Floods. And lastly I have my Pixelnet RGB nodes. If I need to sequence just red for example I would use Layers. You can group things just about anyway you want with Layers. As I slowly get rid of regular leds and convert to more RGB my color based Layers will be phased out and I will just have element based Layers.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: Setting up V2.5
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, »
Check out the following video.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Are you using Etherdongle?  I would recommend creating controllers for each major element in your show.  Since you are using PixelNet, you can have as many 'controllers' as you want.  Just make sure each controller starts at the right channel number.