Author Topic: LSP exported to LOR file sizes are staggering...  (Read 926 times)

Offline sielbear

Several of you saw the presentation I gave in Texas about using Video as the basis of your sequences.  I wanted to give some updates on that as I work through the practical workflow for dealing with the data.

For Christmas 2011, I had 4,166 channels of light.  Sections of the show were completed in 30 second segments, converted to LOR, massaged with XML scripts from Frank, converted to xlights, then multiple xlights files were converted to one master xseq (thanks to Frank again). 

For 2011, a 30 second export was around 180 MB in LOR data.  In 2012, I'm jumping to somewhere just under 12,000 channels.  Exporting a 25 second clip to LOR format is 617 MB.  I edit almost all my songs to run between 2:30 and 3:00 length (people tend to get bored with songs longer than those times in my experience, unless the song is REALLY dynamic.  For an average song, I'm looking at 3.7 and 4.3 GB of LOR data!!  That's just an amazing amount of data...

Luckily Frank is working on some special sauce to help, but I wanted to provide some early feedback, particularly those with higher channel counts.  Once I'm in xlights format, the data is tiny, tiny.  Perhaps 5 - 6 MB for the same 25 second clip. 

Offline MrChristmas2000

Re: LSP exported to LOR file sizes are staggering...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, »
Have you posted a question about this over in the support section of the LSP Forum.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, »
Wow 12K channels.  I don't have that many channels, but did use LSP -> LOR -> xLights last year.  It added a few steps to the output process, but it worked.  I created a new sequence using your technique.  Looks fantastic.  I am having an issue outputting from LSP to LOR.  When I try, I get an out of memory error.  I am hoping that Frank can help too. 

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, »
Funny that all three of my guinea pigs are the people in this thread  >:D

<la..

But seriously. I think I will have something that will make Alan's process pretty easy to use regardless of LSP file size.  Now back to squashing bugs.

Frank

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, »
Really looking forward to trying this out!

Last year was Lsp  transitions with mixed lor and dla.   This year no lor, but adding nutcracker. 

Frank's python script and xlights were key last year, and I'm sure frank's latest tools will be more important.

Just need time to sequence now.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro