Author Topic: Conductor Trigger features.  (Read 3720 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Conductor Trigger features.
« on: August 26, 2012, »
Since not much has been put out about it I decided to post this rough draft of the additional document for the conductor that shows how to use the triggers built into it.

Also a link for those that would like to get a head start on learning the basic tutorial of the the conductors use.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline keitha43

Re: Conductor Trigger features.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, »
I thought you mentioned putting in a "time between songs" feature at the Academy. Is that in the future? Or do we just create a short animation sequence with no lights and schedule it between songs? I like 4-5 seconds between songs so they don't just run together like some DJ mix :) Can't wait for the beta testers to give final approval!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, by keitha43 »

Offline rimist

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, »
I love the binary usage... I knew I wasn't the only one to use that! I am curious...  What is the voltage for the triggers? What is the maximum distance the trigger can be from the conductor, assuming running the trigger line with cat5?

- Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, »
Ideal format. Manual or auto. Looks very simple. Low watt usage. Small.

Great RJ. Hopefully comes out soon. But not expecting to.

Thanks RJ for all your hard work and others that are helping out.
What you don't know. Can hurt you.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, »
Hi RJ,

Very nice video

You and the beta guys did a lot of work getting to work that smoothly. Congrats

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, »
+1 - Can't wait for it's release!!

Thanks RJ and Company  :)
- Mark

Offline JerryPlak

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, »
+1 - Can't wait for it's release!!

Thanks RJ and Company  :)

+1.1  8) Can't wait for it's release!!
Jerry Plak

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, »
I thought you mentioned putting in a "time between songs" feature at the Academy. Is that in the future? Or do we just create a short animation sequence with no lights and schedule it between songs? I like 4-5 seconds between songs so they don't just run together like some DJ mix :) Can't wait for the beta testers to give final approval!

currently between songs in a show is 4 seconds. it is not adjustable at this time. We did add the delay I was talking about between shows on scheduled to repeat shows. If later it is found to be needed we can add an adjustable delay but we had to get the features locked in to allow us to finsish the beta.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, »
I love the binary usage... I knew I wasn't the only one to use that! I am curious...  What is the voltage for the triggers? What is the maximum distance the trigger can be from the conductor, assuming running the trigger line with cat5?

- Rimist (via Tapatalk)

Since you are grounding out a weak pull up resistor. It should be of little effect. You should be able to run a good ways.

RJ

Offline keitha43

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, »
4 seconds is good enough for me.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline deplanche

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, »
Really premature question, but did I hear correctly that the Conductor uses a Compact Flash (CF) memory card?  Are there are speed or size limits needed?  My old Canon camera still uses those, and this might be a good reason to upgrade that and use the older one for the conductor.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, »
Really premature question, but did I hear correctly that the Conductor uses a Compact Flash (CF) memory card?  Are there are speed or size limits needed?  My old Canon camera still uses those, and this might be a good reason to upgrade that and use the older one for the conductor.
The coop will include the CF card according to RJ.
No doubt he intends CF speed, sizes, and manufacturer options to be reduced as problems to debug.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, »
I have a question about the Trigger attachment. The thread doesn't really go into how the hardware works. Is it 1 trigger board will activate 1 sequence, or will there be multiple buttons on each board? Hard to plan using it and getting in on the coop without knowing what its capabilities are.

Thanks
Jeff
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, »
Greetings,,,

The board is the connections for the wires that you run to your switches.  You can add from 1 to 15 switches as you wish to the Trigger board.

keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, »
The trigger pcb accepts 15 inputs where you close a switch to between the grounds terminals and the input of the one you want to trigger. Then the unit will play the seqence and music / music only / or seqence only that is setup in the show name  12.sho for the the #12 trigger. ect.

So one pcb give you 15 triggers. It hooks back to the conductor with 5 wires. 1 ground and four inputs which are binary coded.

You can have 4 triggers directly to the conductor with out the trigger pcb.

I have attached the trigger document. Sorry thought I had posted it already earlier.

RJ