Hardware > Bobcat DMX Servo Controller

First Bobcat Build - Need updated manual

(1/5) > >>

mkozik1:
Am wondering if anyone has the new updated pics Night Owl provided a little while back?  I just completed my servo board and have noticed many differences from the manual and what I have!  I have powered it up but have no lights.  When I plug in a servo, I get the initial power cycle but cannot control from Vixen.  I have the jumper in place to power both the board and the servo from one supply just for test purposes.

One big question I have is the (+) for the LEDs, top or bottom hole?  I assumed bottom because the track was going to the resistor (which is probably wrong!).  I have programmed the PIC and I have attempted to set the start channel using the configuration tool.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take care,

n1ist:
You have the LED correct; top pin is ground (near the flat line on the silkscreen).  Bottom pin is the anode, connecting to the resistor.
/mike

mkozik1:
So Mike, with all that I have done, where should I begin troubleshooting?  I checked my solder joints, no stray solder causing a short.  Based on one of RJ's videos, I removed all of the chips and still saw no power light.

Ugh  >:D

n1ist:
A few things to check:

Do you have the jumper on the left side of the board in the WIRED position? 
Is the DMX cable plugged into the left (DMX IN) jack?
Using a meter, check for 3.3v between pins 2 (positive) and 3 (ground) if the programming header?  Pin 1 is the left one, closest to the PIC.

I will have to check the code, but I think the LEDs are error (red) and data (green)

/mike

mkozik1:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginA few things to check:

Do you have the jumper on the left side of the board in the WIRED position? 
Is the DMX cable plugged into the left (DMX IN) jack?
Using a meter, check for 3.3v between pins 2 (positive) and 3 (ground) if the programming header?  Pin 1 is the left one, closest to the PIC.

I will have to check the code, but I think the LEDs are error (red) and data (green)

/mike

--- End quote ---

Thanks Mike, I have a few of the answers, but am traveling right now and will need to obtain the other when I get back.  I know the jumper is on wired and the cable IS plugged into DMX In as stated on the PCB (I actually tried it in both just to make sure!!).  I will have to check the voltage on the ICMP Header.  I was able to program the PIC through this port does that matter or will all the voltage come from the programmer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version