Author Topic: LSP and Channels for SS  (Read 853 times)

Offline otto

LSP and Channels for SS
« on: August 31, 2012, »
Hi all,

I am looking at getting LSP 2.5, but I note everyone is talking about the sale of the company.

I have a few questions;
- How good is LSP compared to Vixen?
- If I have 20 strings at 128 Node and wanted to control them all at max channels ie. 384 channels per string, does that mean I have to purchase the Pro version at $400?

I note that in the tutorials for LSP they have some neat features for creating RGB Blends. Is this possible in Vixen. (appears to speed up the process, especially when having to start a sequence from scratch)

Any help with all this would be greatly appreciated.

otto

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: LSP and Channels for SS
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, »
I would recommend LSP 2.5.  I have been using it this year to build and rebuild all of my shows.  Last year I used 2.0 and had a few issues with the scheduler, but it sounds like the issues have been addressed with 2.5.  You also have the option to use xLights or the Lynx Conductor to run the show when it comes out.  Check out the following video I created showing LSP. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

How you program using LSP can be dramatically different than using Vixen.  Given you channel count, I think you could use the Advanced version, but you won't have room for many more channels. 

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: LSP and Channels for SS
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, »
I'd feel comfortable in continuing with LSP for quite a while longer -- until we see something to be concerned over.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro