Author Topic: Loading vix Files  (Read 1837 times)

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
Loading vix Files
« on: September 06, 2012, »
Guys, I really hate to ask stupid questions, but I don't have a choice at this point.  Momma wants a few additional items for Halloween this year and I am trying to get used to Vixen.  Figured I would see how others are programming their sequences, however, when I try to load them they are blank.  I tried downloading a profiles for one sequence but it did not seem to matter.  Some posts here and at DIYC state to import them, however, I do not see a way to import.  Some places stated there was a compatibility issue with the vix files and the version of software being used, yet there is another place that states the way to upgrade the files is to just put them in the Vixen directory and open them.

So confused !!

I am using Vixen 2.5.0.8 currently. 

Thanks in advance,
- Mark

Offline caretaker

Re: Loading vix Files
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, »
If the sequences were created in Vixen 2.1x they will not work in Vixen 2.5x  this thread from DIYC by KC tells how to convert 2.1 sequences:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  But you can always just install 2.1 and run that....
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, »
You can have both 2.5 and 2.1 on your machine at the same time.  Just remember that they store their data files in different places.  2.1 actually keeps the data in the program directory which works best if you keep it as c:\vixen.  2.5 keeps the data in your my documents folder.

I have several 2.1 halloween sequences Mark.  Just shoot me an email if you want them.  Got to keep the Georgia gang moving.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You can have both 2.5 and 2.1 on your machine at the same time.  Just remember that they store their data files in different places.  2.1 actually keeps the data in the program directory which works best if you keep it as c:\vixen.  2.5 keeps the data in your my documents folder.

I have several 2.1 halloween sequences Mark.  Just shoot me an email if you want them.  Got to keep the Georgia gang moving.

Thanks Jim - PM sent!!
- Mark