Software > Nutcracker: RGB Effects Builder

Nutcracker Local Install

<< < (2/22) > >>

smeighan:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginQuestion, I noticed the install says for windows 7 and XP.  Will there be any issue with windows Vista, this is what I have and I cannot get past the install/download.  When I try to download, I get error messages right off the bat saying my tray has stopped working, only uninstalling it allows my tray to work again.  It seems to download all the files but won't let me do anything beyond that point.  It continues to gives errors regarding the tray when trying to click the pink W.  I am unable to even get a successful download.  Suggestions?

--- End quote ---

you get an error just trying to download wamp?
This has nothing to do with port 80 or wamp or nutcracker. You should be able to download the file.

Or did the download work and you then installed wamp and then you get the error.
If it is after starting wamp then it certainly can be the port 80 issue.

follow this process to see if you can resolve conflicts.

Apache server uses port 80. If you have Skype or microsoft HTTP/2.0 they also use port 80.
Here is a web page that describes how to fix this conflict. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For Wamp; the httpd.conf file is located in c:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.22\conf directory

if you cant download the file at all, that has to be something in your system.
I no longer have Vista (been a couple of years), it should also work though.

gsxrgirl7:
Yes it's after so I will try doing that fix/workaround and see if that helps!

Thanks

dpitts:
Sean,

When Nutcracker changes. Will the updated and new files be downloaded automatically?

smeighan:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginSean,

When Nutcracker changes. Will the updated and new files be downloaded automatically?

--- End quote ---

Nope, we havent given that capability.

When I will post a thread about a new feature being released, your then go and repeat step #(5)

"5) You now need to get a copy of the current Nutcracker code tree. Go to
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and download the zip file. This file is updated daily with the latest Nutcracker code tree and with the latest export from meighan.net/nutcracker database
Unzip this file into c:\wamp\www\nutcracker"

This step takes less than 1 minute, you just overwrite the current directory. Now you are current. In the future we want to make a single button update (be aware the github zip file changes multiple times per day), we just dont have that button yet.

first i have these on my plate
single strand targets and effects
single button project files
horizontal matrix
20 open issue on current effects

in other words, if i have a workaround that is not too onerous, i will work on things that directly affect your show.
If we get time we will add more usability features.

thanks

smeighan:
If you get 403 error when trying to launch myphpadmin:

[quote name='Liberty-Laser' timestamp='1347045679' post='213793']
No port 80 isn't an issue and just for the exercise I did try that work-around with the same results.  Under WAMPSERVER I ran the Port Test for Port 80:
Your port 80 is actually used by:
Server:  Apache/2.2.21 <Win64> PHP/5.3.8

More info - Win7 64bit HP laptop.
[/quote]

when i searched google, there were lots of fixes. 403 is a permission issue about who you let come and use the database server.

One that was suggested, requires no changes was to launch myphpadmin llike this in browser
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

if you want to read up on the others

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version